Darkness?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Darkness?

Postby ROC420 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 am

So when you get KO'd in darkness (which I assume is the very dark area's on the minimap) and your homestead is set by this area, you constantly get KO'd from respawns. My questions are, how far away from the dark area do you have to make a homestead before it doesnt KO you, and do I have the right area that is considered to be "darkness" or is the client I use not letting me see that im in darkness?
ROC420

Re: Darkness?

Postby Droj » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:33 am

Have you tried lighting fires or having torch posts next to your leanto. Does this help?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby ROC420 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 am

Im pretty sure just having the normal cooking fire (one with stones) lit doesnt keep you from being ko'd, however I havnt tried the torchposts yet...the reason I ask is because I moved a good bit away from the darker shaded area and it still ko'd me when i respawned. It leads me to believe either im getting the wrong meaning of "darkness", or you have to be very far away from it.
ROC420

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Further you go into the darkness, the higher the flat stat drain is. Higher stat characters have a more powerful regeneration as it's based on your total humour. Your lowest humour therefore defines how far into the darkness you can go. Living deep out there it's best to have a house so you can go inside to heal up when you're working or trying to feast.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Droj » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:02 pm

anybody built torchposts or braziers out there?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Droj wrote:anybody built torchposts or braziers out there?

Pre-commercial beta it was reported to do nothing. There is hints that they may be able to fight off the mobs of that area, but that could get expensive fast.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:28 am

When i visited darkness last time (~4 months ago) stat's haven't regenerate there. If it is still true you can just eat smth and walk until stats will become regen. That will means that darkness ends
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Onionfighter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 am

If your humours are high enough, then they can regenerate faster than they will be drained. There will always be some drain, no matter how many fires you have.
Onionfighter

Postby Sparkky » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:35 pm

The trick (and its easier now with the cost of leento's) is to go out drop down a leento, then teleport to boston and heal up.

Lather rinse repeat.

Other people wanting to meet up with you can use your leento's and you can destory them after when you have sufficient humours.
Sparkky

Postby Devis134 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm living on darkness so i have experience.
Deeper you go your stats starts to draining.
If you stay in an area as your house, it may drain your stats.
To counter this, you should have a lighter torch in your hands, or a fire, or the easier, up your stats.
The thing consists that if you are in some are you ''gain'' more points per second than you got drained, wich means that you can be in an area with all 20 and lose every second, or dont be so far, and dont lose nothing.
This means that further you travel to darkness look at your stats if it starts draining its good to build a small leanto there and to up you stats until them arent drained.
It doenst matter where you are at darkness, if you get less than 0.6 *(depending your stats) you instantly get k'o (without losing any skills) (efective agains poison cuz you dont lose stats from getting k'o by poison,insteed by the draining).
If you have a homested into the darkness when you respawn, you will get k'o again, and again...cuz you respawn with 0 stat.
For this you have to use your travel to boston, there, go and search for something to eat, get at least 1 point in all stats and tele again to your house.
Usefull info? :)
Devis134

Return to Help!