Empty town bells

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Empty town bells

Postby Meanz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:54 am

I have some questions regarding empty townbells, I tried finding the information in the wiki without any success.

1. Does the town claim or bell dissappear? ( I doubt this is the case )
2. If it doesn't, do you still have to TBF to perform any waste crimes on the town?
Meanz

Re: Empty town bells

Postby JohnSnow » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:27 am

I never paid for town bell (about one year of playing). It did not disappear at least. Also someone puts tbf on my town a couple of times, this means tbf is necessary anyway. Seems like the only difference is the impossibility of being on the list of top towns.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Meanz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Oh wow,

Does the town bell protect everything from decay just as the normal claim does?
Meanz

Postby Qiresea » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:37 pm

i have updated the http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Town_Bell#Payment paragraph of the wiki. if there are any other corrections to be done, please let me know.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:46 pm

JohnSnow wrote:I never paid for town bell (about one year of playing). It did not disappear at least. Also someone puts tbf on my town a couple of times, this means tbf is necessary anyway. Seems like the only difference is the impossibility of being on the list of top towns.

That's not the only catch of having an empty bell. ;)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Qiresea » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Taipion wrote:That's not the only catch of having an empty bell. ;)

there is no information whatsoever in this sentence, taipion, and we are in the Help section. if you have something to say, please do so, and i will add it on the wiki.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Qiresea wrote:
Taipion wrote:That's not the only catch of having an empty bell. ;)

there is no information whatsoever in this sentence, taipion, and we are in the Help section. if you have something to say, please do so, and i will add it on the wiki.

There was the information in it, that there actually are drawbacks to not having the bell payed, as you already figured out yourself with your answer, which is fully appropriate for the help section.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Lazun123 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:19 pm

Are you guys trolling? If the TB is empty you don't need a TBF to commit waste crimes.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:36 pm

From the small guide on the first post of my trade thread (link in my signature),
here you have a little claims discussion. ;)

From that thread, one more thing to note:
Letting the townbell run out of authority (silver) enables anyone who has the necessary skills learned, to become mayor if there is currently no mayor, even not-town-members can do that!
Taipion

Postby JohnSnow » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Taipion wrote:Letting the townbell run out of authority (silver) enables anyone who has the necessary skills learned, to become mayor if there is currently no mayor, even not-town-members can do that!

This does not give any advantages to attackers. First, they need to kill incumbent mayor. Secondly, steel wall is still a steel wall, especially if there are three of them. Thirdly, in s case of a siege the bell owner can replenish it in three seconds.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Next

Return to Help!