Clothing and slotting for beginners

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Clothing and slotting for beginners

Postby Catote » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:34 pm

I am about to produce my very first clothes with artifacts. I have read all the guides I could find, but Im still unsure as to how it works:
1) First job I suppose is to create clothes with as many slots as possible? (Likely 1-2 to begin with)
2) I understand every clothing has a value between 0 and 25, where 0 is better. And its based on my Thread&Needle skill. True?
3) I have some artifacts and can produce some. But are certain artifacts better suited for certain clothes (as one guide seems to say).
4) Every artifact has 2 professioncy skill associated. Like "Lamb of Tartary": Difficulty 25 to 10 (stocks + thread). So how does that work. Higher numbers are bad, as they increase the failure chance?
5) With more than 1 slot, if the 2nd break, its just bad luck, and best strategy is to make a new clothing and start over? Can anything be salvaged, perhaps if I buy "cougar snips" from the marked?
6) Any other important tips?
thanks in advance
Catote

Re: Clothing and slotting for beginners

Postby Chrumps » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:04 pm

1) yes, best clothes you can easily afford and do not feel the pain if they are broken while slotting.
2) lower is better
3) this is outdated. Artifacts match with proficiencies while slotting.
4) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17117&p=249102
5 ) yes. you may ask someone with hinchcliffe scissors and high T&N to salvage things for you
you generally start slotting with cheapest and most difficult items.
6) You will be much better off if you ask one of known tailors to craft and slot clothes for you. Your part is to bring materials and perhaps some fee for the service.
Chrumps

Postby Catote » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:45 am

Thanks Chrumps
My Thread&Needle is 80 now, after much work. And my chances in slotting is around 2/3. Is that normal?
So two-slotting a piece of cloth has a 4/9 chance. Im throwing away quite a bit of failed attemps...
Catote

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:01 am

It is normal. And regardless of failure, keep at it. Don't slot expensive stuff. There are a number of easy to obtain artifacts that will provide minor but useful benefits to a new player. There are several two slot clothes you can mass produce for cheap and failures can be made into rags and used in some clothing and artifact recipies.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Propulsion » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Some players are over 900 thread a needle, while your working on yours you could always ask a veteran to make or slot some clothes for you.
Propulsion

Return to Help!