How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Postby grimkid » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:56 pm

i believe you ended up near the next entrance. put fires, and continue mining:)
grimkid
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:01 am

Re: How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Postby Chrumps » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:26 pm

grimkid wrote:i believe you ended up near the next entrance. put fires, and continue mining:)

I believe trolling is not allowed in help and following your advice will most likely destroy OP chances for a cavedown located near the entrance.

What about the scenario where he is not ridiculously lucky and he mines away all black tiles without finding a cave down ?
Chance to cave down increases with several things, one of those know is time. At the beginning chance for a cave down is very low.

JohnCarver wrote:Every cave down starts at something worse than a 1 in 30,000 Hard Rock to find. The more certain things happen, the better those odds get. The farther down levels you go. The worse 'starting' position you are at for the purpose of calculating those odds.

from: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12311&p=186587
Chrumps
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Postby Kandarim » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:47 pm

the chance for a cavedown to spawn off a black wall is rather low initially, but rises over time based on some (unknown) measure of activity in the mine. I've found that just ignoring it for a few days sees a considerable chance increase. If you ignore it for a few weeks you're more or less guaranteed a cavedown on the earlier levels.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5227
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Postby naric » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:53 pm



Kandarim wrote:the chance for a cavedown to spawn off a black wall is rather low initially, but rises over time based on some (unknown) measure of activity in the mine. I've found that just ignoring it for a few days sees a considerable chance increase. If you ignore it for a few weeks you're more or less guaranteed a cavedown on the earlier levels.


Oh thank you a lot!
naric
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Re: How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Postby grimkid » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:21 pm

i have a cave down near the entrance in a mine. i am not trolling.
grimkid
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:01 am

Re: How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Postby Adelewhy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:05 am

Chrumps wrote:What about the scenario where he is not ridiculously lucky and he mines away all black tiles without finding a cave down ?
Chance to cave down increases with several things, one of those know is time. At the beginning chance for a cave down is very low.

JohnCarver wrote:Every cave down starts at something worse than a 1 in 30,000 Hard Rock to find. The more certain things happen, the better those odds get. The farther down levels you go. The worse 'starting' position you are at for the purpose of calculating those odds.

from: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12311&p=186587


For clarification... is not finding a cave down at all a possibility?
Adelewhy
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:15 am

Re: How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Postby Chrumps » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 am

Adelewhy wrote:For clarification... is not finding a cave down at all a possibility?


It is a real possibility to dig out a single black rock node without finding a cave down. It happened to me and my townmate (in different mines).
A mine level is huge, so there is always another black rock node to try again. One just has to find it. :D
The point was to find a cave down as close to entrance as possible, because when you dig a deeper mine you will have to walk that distance multiple times.
Chrumps
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: How do I find the 2 floor of mine cave?

Postby Adelewhy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Chrumps wrote:
Adelewhy wrote:For clarification... is not finding a cave down at all a possibility?


It is a real possibility to dig out a single black rock node without finding a cave down. It happened to me and my townmate (in different mines).
A mine level is huge, so there is always another black rock node to try again. One just has to find it. :D
The point was to find a cave down as close to entrance as possible, because when you dig a deeper mine you will have to walk that distance multiple times.


Thank you for clarifying!
Adelewhy
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:15 am

Previous

Return to Help!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sebthegrand, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests