Fishing

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Fishing

Postby Jackparrot » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:51 am

So as you guys prob don't know I'm going 2 try and make a living near a lake/maple tree terrain and I have fishing skills so my five questions are

1. What is purity and how does it affect me.

2. how do I make a fishing hook.

3. how do i make/ get a fishing net (for the lobstr - thingies)

4 can some one give me some warm chothing I'm freezing.

5. how do i get to providence.
Jackparrot

Re: Fishing

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:27 am

Jackparrot wrote:So as you guys prob don't know I'm going 2 try and make a living near a lake/maple tree terrain and I have fishing skills so my five questions are

1. What is purity and how does it affect me.

2. how do I make a fishing hook.

3. how do i make/ get a fishing net (for the lobstr - thingies)

4 can some one give me some warm chothing I'm freezing.

5. how do i get to providence.

Purity affects food in Salem. It can as much as double the gluttony and regen values of the food you're eating. It won't affect you too much in the beginning, but it's something to strive for in the long run. Most purity involves things you'll be making yourself, but it is often possible to buy high purity seeds, cabbage/other food, netting, or knife blades to get some high purity food earlier.

It's a recipe you'll get a little later once you have blacksmithing skills. Or maybe Fishing gives you the recipe, I forget. But you'll need the right metal bars which you will either make with blacksmithing skills or you'll buy. There's an anvil next to the mining npc in town you can use for making metal products before you have one for yourself.

Fishing nets are a part of the shellfish trapping skill. You'll use them to make a shellfish trap which you can place in any deep water. If you want lobster though, you'll have to get yourself a pclaim on the ocean. A bit dangerous to set up, and safest if you use an alt for it.

Someone might get you clothes if you can meet them in providence, but the quickest way would be to make some jute clothes from reeds and such.

The buttons in the lower right include an Adventure menu with various actions like lifting and destruction. One of them is 'Travel'. In there is a button for traveling to Providence and another for traveling back home. You'll want both on your hotkey bar.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Re: Fishing

Postby Jackparrot » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:32 am

Ok thanks
Jackparrot

Return to Help!