Lost pilgrim

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Lost pilgrim

Postby LudotoKuche123 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:38 pm

just drop your inventory and teleport ..
LudotoKuche123

Postby Chrumps » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Build a leanto, make homestead and teleport without dropping inventory.
Chrumps

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:31 pm

I think his intent is to not drop his inventory or have to walk all the way home because he moved his homestead.

If you're lost in the wilderness and you can't find the landmark or whatever, I'd be careful about trusting people here to help you. There are a fair percentage of them who might do something like post you a map to somewhere else near the landmark and then lie in wait hoping to mug you.

If you have an alt at your homestead already, give it some money, and use it to buy transport from town to your landmark. It can then party you from the kin list and you can follow its indicators straight to the landmark. I think this was already mentioned.

Alternatively, if you really can't use that option, and you really don't want to move your homestead, you can try this: Build a bunch of small containers. I think you can do urns from stuff you find in the wilderness, certainly you can make baskets. Put the best stuff you found in them. Or all the stuff if you have the patience, and add materials for building a leanto as well. Make a map, drop anything you have left in your inventory on the ground and port to Providence. Make a new character, give him the map. Have him use it to port to your cache and use the leanto materials to make a leanto and homestead it. Though now I think about it, using a map gives you a free leanto? Either way, use that character to now port you all your stuff back to Providence in whatever batches it can carry and you can then port home. You run a small risk that someone will find your containers or you before you're done, so be quick. Make sure you have time to finish when you start.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:26 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I think his intent is to not drop his inventory or have to walk all the way home because he moved his homestead.

If you're lost in the wilderness and you can't find the landmark or whatever, I'd be careful about trusting people here to help you. There are a fair percentage of them who might do something like post you a map to somewhere else near the landmark and then lie in wait hoping to mug you.

If you have an alt at your homestead already, give it some money, and use it to buy transport from town to your landmark. It can then party you from the kin list and you can follow its indicators straight to the landmark. I think this was already mentioned.

Alternatively, if you really can't use that option, and you really don't want to move your homestead, you can try this: Build a bunch of small containers. I think you can do urns from stuff you find in the wilderness, certainly you can make baskets. Put the best stuff you found in them. Or all the stuff if you have the patience, and add materials for building a leanto as well. Make a map, drop anything you have left in your inventory on the ground and port to Providence. Make a new character, give him the map. Have him use it to port to your cache and use the leanto materials to make a leanto and homestead it. Though now I think about it, using a map gives you a free leanto? Either way, use that character to now port you all your stuff back to Providence in whatever batches it can carry and you can then port home. You run a small risk that someone will find your containers or you before you're done, so be quick. Make sure you have time to finish when you start.

Sounds good. ;)

Note: iirc using a map does not give you a free leanto anymore, it used to, but not anymore since the way the one-time-teleport works was changed to how it is now.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Chrumps » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:If you're lost in the wilderness and you can't find the landmark or whatever, I'd be careful about trusting people here to help you. There are a fair percentage of them who might do something like post you a map to somewhere else near the landmark and then lie in wait hoping to mug you.

Actually the size of the centre of the "X" on the map is worth 10x10 minimaps, so someone might as well post a correct map and then poke fun at him.
See the Santa Marp map for reference: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18971
On a side note I wonder why maps are not trackable like a leanto or a scent. That would be more useful than the huge X.

TotalyMeow wrote:If you have an alt at your homestead already, give it some money, and use it to buy transport from town to your landmark. It can then party you from the kin list and you can follow its indicators straight to the landmark. I think this was already mentioned.

Alternatively, [....] You run a small risk

The option with an alt is the safest one. If he has no alt he should make one on a separate account. Collecting 80 silver from stumps is not a big deal.
Once again I remind stone ring has drain and it goes quick on a 5 bile char.
Chrumps

Postby pietrko » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:36 pm

thanks problem solved.
pietrko
Customer

Previous

Return to Help!