Returning to the game

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Returning to the game

Postby Carca » Tue May 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi I've just loaded Salem again after ages away. At first I saw all my old characters on my account but wasn't able to log into them. Are they lost now? Is this a new start? I know it's been a few years but I just wanted to check on the off chance I can pick up some of my researches etc!

Looking forward to playing again!
Carca

Re: Returning to the game

Postby Champie » Tue May 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Carca wrote:...At first I saw all my old characters on my account but wasn't able to log into them. Are they lost now? Is this a new start? I know it's been a few years but I just wanted to check on the off chance I can pick up some of my researches etc!

If you still have characters showing at the character selection screen after you log in then that means that they are characters that were created since the Providence server launched on Feb 20, 2014. This server remains active since that date.

If you are unable to log into a specific character then that character was likely created on the Popham server which launched Jun 19, 2015. All logins on Popham were permanently disabled as of March 13, 2017. Any characters remaining on the server will show on your account's character list but are inaccessible.

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=58&p=285993&hilit=Popham#p285993

JohnCarver wrote:Server restarted. Only Providence...but all players should have had more than enough time to inherit their Popham guys by now.
Champie

Re: Returning to the game

Postby Carca » Wed May 31, 2017 3:32 am

Thank you I'll start again then :)
Carca

Return to Help!