Best way to deal with a theif?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Best way to deal with a theif?

Postby Chrumps » Fri May 26, 2017 8:26 am

A 500 point (50 gluttony) feasting set can be made for less than 3k silver. All kinds of flour can be bought. The most difficult part is perhaps getting advanced cooking but it not a big deal either.
Darwoth wrote:even a crappy 100 stat alt with basic black skills up to waste is an investment of resources/time that likely far exceeds whatever the new guy lost.

Did it occur to you that said thief might have robbed more than just one guy in one evening ?
Dallane wrote:From a PM i received
So you admit you have set up the infrastructure to this. You admit that you have invested time and resources into doing this activity. Using the excuse that you can make a crime alt daily so it isn't a big loss is just dumb. You have actively invested time into a activity and when that character dies you have lost said investment. Maybe you have gained enough from robbing random leantos and small claims but you still have a vested interest in that character that can't be fully recovered.

I specifically wrote to you in PM to avoid discussing that in public but you are retarded enough pull it out.

For once I do not have infrastructure set up specifically for crime, it just happens to be good for crime too.
Second, it is way more about knowledge than about infrastructure. The criminal OP was describing clearly had at least 100 biles, given he was able to take some brazier fire, but to start with larceny 40 biles is enough.
Getting to 40 biles takes only some **** food everyone can have. Getting from 40 biles to 100 quickly takes a half-decent gluttony set and some 100 bajgiels plus a bit of **** food. Compare that with loot that can be robbed during just one evening.

How can you tell the thief could not fully recover his loss ? Did you count his loot ? I do not even know who it was, but I see using throw-away alts as a viable strategy, that's all.

I did not admit I have invested time or resources into crime and I am not making excuses. I was trying to show you it is cheaper than you might think but you are too dumb to understand.

EDIT:
Maybe it will be easier to you to accept all that if you realize this game does not punish crime, but it does punish being crappy at crime.
Chrumps

Re: Best way to deal with a theif?

Postby Dallane » Fri May 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Enough trolling help. If you want to continue to look dumb by not understanding that your time actually has a real value in everything you do in life (Ex: I don't take a piss without being paid) then I can move the post into a new thread outside of help and we can continue this. Flag this post and let me know.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Previous

Return to Help!