Advice to Beginners

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Advice to Beginners

Postby Catote » Sun May 14, 2017 9:30 am

First off all thanks to Mr. Z who helped me out with the cold and clothing.
Also thanks to unknown Mr. X. He was the first person I ever met, like 50 hours into the game. And he promptly killed me, tore down my shack and send me naked back to Providence. Its good to discover the nature of people early on. Gosh, imagine Id spend more time in the game.

Now my questions are:
(1) Standing here naked in Providence, whats the best way to get away from people and find a quiet place to live alone? To my knowledge so far, I have to walk, and that'll be hours of real time?
(2) Suppose I can recruit a friend, how best to team up. I understand he will have a ONE time only option to travel to a known player?
(3) I have also learned there are some caravans, taking you a certain distance (north/west/south) if you can pay. Would that be recommended for me. Like walk out, spend hours searching for silver and the go back for a travel?
(4) Can two people team up in a group, and thereby know how to reach each other, I think I saw some info about this? If so, will we know how long the travel time will be?
(5) Any other tips, except for the obvious: be prepared to be killed.
Catote

Re: Advice to Beginners

Postby Qiresea » Sun May 14, 2017 12:51 pm

PM
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sun May 14, 2017 1:17 pm

Catote wrote:First off all thanks to Mr. Z who helped me out with the cold and clothing.
Also thanks to unknown Mr. X. He was the first person I ever met, like 50 hours into the game. And he promptly killed me, tore down my shack and send me naked back to Providence. Its good to discover the nature of people early on. Gosh, imagine Id spend more time in the game.

Now my questions are:
(1) Standing here naked in Providence, whats the best way to get away from people and find a quiet place to live alone? To my knowledge so far, I have to walk, and that'll be hours of real time?
(2) Suppose I can recruit a friend, how best to team up. I understand he will have a ONE time only option to travel to a known player?
(3) I have also learned there are some caravans, taking you a certain distance (north/west/south) if you can pay. Would that be recommended for me. Like walk out, spend hours searching for silver and the go back for a travel?
(4) Can two people team up in a group, and thereby know how to reach each other, I think I saw some info about this? If so, will we know how long the travel time will be?
(5) Any other tips, except for the obvious: be prepared to be killed.

you can port to your homestead and make a map aka "New World Survey" from the main craft menu

theres 2 guys in providence that accepts this map and lets im port to you.

i suggest not using the caravans, most hit into darkness were your humours will drain pretty fast

if i was you and your friend id make a claim together, increase it a bit, build a stonewall and place a few torchposts as protection.
Heffernan

Postby Messyng » Sun May 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Get a feasting set as soon as possible, then try and eat for the said points. Ideally for you would be to always eat when you can, but at least get your double when you do it.

And you are in luck that you can get it with the help of others unlike at expeditions.

For example I saw a stall that sells Heff made clothes and to make similar one and much more difficulty I was able only at 237 T&N on Popham. So definitely worth to buy asap.
Due to the circumstances, due to my stubbornness.
Messyng

Postby Catote » Thu May 25, 2017 8:35 am

Just a quick note: I managed to survive the hard start in the game, and have even recruited a friend.
Now we live quietly FAR to the west, and hope we see no more "killers".
A bunch of people have been very kind, here and in-game, so thanks a bunch. That's very encouraring.
Catote

Return to Help!