Slingshot Dont hit the rabbit

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Slingshot Dont hit the rabbit

Postby Wiwocs » Sat May 13, 2017 4:48 am

This its just annoying, i can hit all i try with the slingshot, but the rabbit not, it just keep missing
and its not like that the line just continue, it stop at the rabbit but do nothing
its like the rabbit give a **** about all.
¬¬
if someone can help please help me, i just want to kill the ***** rabbit
Wiwocs

Re: Slingshot Dont hit the rabbit

Postby Dallane » Sat May 13, 2017 4:53 am

Do you have the correct skills to hunt a rabbit?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat May 13, 2017 4:53 am

Wiwocs wrote:This its just annoying, i can hit all i try with the slingshot, but the rabbit not, it just keep missing
and its not like that the line just continue, it stop at the rabbit but do nothing
its like the rabbit give a **** about all.
¬¬
if someone can help please help me, i just want to kill the ***** rabbit

Do you have Small Game Hunting? You need that skill to hunt small game like rabbits.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Wiwocs » Sat May 13, 2017 5:09 am

I will check that right now :p
If its that i will feel so stupid, but still will enjoy kill this ***** rabbit
thanks
Wiwocs

Postby Forungi » Sat May 13, 2017 10:47 am

While fun to use slingshots against rabbits will be a waste of your time.
Run up to them and just punch or stomp, it should be enough even with low amount of humours.
Forungi

Postby Ghoul » Sat May 13, 2017 11:12 am

Forungi wrote:While fun to use slingshots against rabbits will be a waste of your time.
Run up to them and just punch or stomp, it should be enough even with low amount of humours.

He's using the slingshot to initiate combat, which can be quite difficult without a ranged weapon since the rabbits will always run from you. Getting a rabbit to path into you can be somewhat difficult, especially if you're new and unfamiliar with the game, without a slingshot.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Forungi » Sat May 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Ghoul wrote:
Forungi wrote:While fun to use slingshots against rabbits will be a waste of your time.

He's using the slingshot to initiate combat, which can be quite difficult without a ranged weapon since the rabbits will always run from you. Getting a rabbit to path into you can be somewhat difficult, especially if you're new and unfamiliar with the game, without a slingshot.

If you enable the "Run" function ingame and just run straight at the rabbit you will always catch up. Player is faster than rabbit unless overencumbered.
Forungi

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat May 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Without satan salts, a rabbit who runs directly away from you is difficult to catch up to. It is only that when the rabbits AI goes derp and runs towards you does it become easy to catch it(without satan salts btw)

An experienced player can and will still kill rabbits faster with slingshot than without slingshot.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby AcidSpiral » Sat May 13, 2017 2:48 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Without satan salts, a rabbit who runs directly away from you is difficult to catch up to. It is only that when the rabbits AI goes derp and runs towards you does it become easy to catch it(without satan salts btw)

An experienced player can and will still kill rabbits faster with slingshot than without slingshot.

Not necessarily. I've always found it easier to run up to them and use a roundhouse kick. It is quicker than a stomp or slingshot and draws aoe aggro almost as well as stomp does.

If you do as Forungi suggested it will be slower because punch does not do an aoe aggro and requires a direct path while stomp will half the time allow them to run out of the radius or interrupt the stomp and it uses more YB.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat May 13, 2017 3:48 pm

AcidSpiral wrote:Not necessarily. I've always found it easier to run up to them and use a roundhouse kick. It is quicker than a stomp or slingshot and draws aoe aggro almost as well as stomp does.

If you do as Forungi suggested it will be slower because punch does not do an aoe aggro and requires a direct path while stomp will half the time allow them to run out of the radius or interrupt the stomp and it uses more YB.

I never said anything about what attack I use to kill rabbits without slingshots. If you are going to waste your time using roundhouse kick then you might aswell use slingshot+roundhouse kick and save the time of running around, or just go over to using cleave on a polearm(2-Handed) which has the same attack speed as roundhouse but a larger radius(which means you can use it from farther away and start aggro with the rabbit) which is also saving time on running around needlessly.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Next

Return to Help!