Map of Providence

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Map of Providence

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:23 am

Jesus Claeyt. All you had to say is a few people used to map but it isn't done anymore to your knowledge.

We won't be hosting any map of the server. If we wanted to do that, we'd just host the actual server map, but that would ruin the exploration aspect of the game.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby casualgamerdave » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 am

@Claeyt and Chrumps: Thank you.

@TotalyMeow and Dallane: Any concern with me mapping and posting public maps for free for others? JohnCarver seemed to encourage this in the past. I could also charge instead so not everyone has a copy of the world map but they are instead encouraged to explore as you've suggested.
casualgamerdave

Postby Dallane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:26 pm

casualgamerdave wrote:@Claeyt and Chrumps: Thank you.

@TotalyMeow and Dallane: Any concern with me mapping and posting public maps for free for others? JohnCarver seemed to encourage this in the past. I could also charge instead so not everyone has a copy of the world map but they are instead encouraged to explore as you've suggested.

The entire point of this game is that it is a sandbox where YOU influence the world around you. If you want to make a private map for your group or if you want to make a public one no one cares cept for some people who want to stay hidden. The problem with a public map is that you will expose countless people to being harassed, killed or raided. Every choice you make in this game has a consequence. The less the devs touch the actual world we play in the better. Check out the fishing competition which turned out to be a huge success for player ran events. We are only bashing clay because his idea for the game isn't accurate at all as meow and my signature state.

So have at it and have fun! Be all the explorer u can be!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Yes, absolutely make a map yourself if that amuses you. You're not allowed to charge money for something like a map that you made in-game (it's in the EULA), but posting a free one online is perfectly fine if you want to, or if you manage to extract in-game money, items, or favors from players in exchange for your map, you can do that.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby casualgamerdave » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you
casualgamerdave

Previous

Return to Help!