Elusive Butterflies

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Elusive Butterflies

Postby Markles » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 am

I have equipped my Bugcatchers Net, yet no matter what I try I cannot catch one, am I doing something wrong? I can't find any posts on this. And I do have the Lepiderology skill or whatever it's called for butterflies..
Markles

Re: Elusive Butterflies

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:12 am

Have you actually seen a butterfly floating around? All you have to do is right click it just like any other foragable.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:14 am

Are you clicking on the icon on the minimal or the butterfly itself?
Reviresco

Postby jesi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Reviresco wrote:Are you clicking on the icon on the minimal or the butterfly itself?

Good question. Butterflys no longer show on my minimap since about 2 months ago. I am using Latakai. Are they showing on the vanilla client?
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby Yes » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Have you actually seen a butterfly floating around? All you have to do is right click it just like any other foragable.

Except butterlies are 10 times smaller and you will grow old catching enough butterflies to fill a conservatory.

jesi wrote:
Reviresco wrote:Are you clicking on the icon on the minimal or the butterfly itself?

Good question. Butterflys no longer show on my minimap since about 2 months ago.

Your radar is broken. You can delete the salem folder and redownload stuff, for example.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Kandarim's client has butterflies removed from the minimap by default so deleting it and reinstalling won't change anything. You just need to edit your radar file to add the butterflies. Look at the other creatures to see what form to use. There are also some threads in Artifice and Arcana and maybe in Help that tell you how to edit the radar. You can also look at the sticky topic in Tradewinds to find out how to find the right file names for things like butterflies and foragables.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Ghoul » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:21 pm

I use Latikai's client and butterflies are not disabled by default for me :?
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 am

Ghoul wrote:I use Latikai's client and butterflies are not disabled by default for me :?

It depends how recently you downloaded it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Return to Help!