Shoring Up My Defense

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Shoring Up My Defense

Postby kompletist » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:03 am

Thanks for the tips all. Had no idea the splash mechanics worked like that, really helpful! Cool idea on the mine and honeycombing as well.

Appreciate it!

As per the suspect leantos in the area? Just ignore them but keep an eye out for TBF?
kompletist

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:04 am

Bleuwulf wrote:^case in point,with the obligatory "argument" of rephrasing what i already said (hiding stuff is more effective than excessive defenses)

wanted to add something about your question of lean-tos,they are a very real danger as in addition to "keeping an eye on your town" they can make a map for a basher alt to port right outside your base at will,probably best to clear these out when and where possible.

Leantos pop up everywhere all the time, if you feel like spending 150s each to remove the (likely, average) 20 leantos in close proximity of yourself, then well, do that, but there is no compelling reason to do so.

Just that you know, a potential raider does NOT have to put a leanto near you, you can log out chars anywhere if it's not on a hostile claim, putting a leanto there would be counter-intuitive from the raiders point of view, and therefore likely not done, at least not close by and not just to have a look.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby kompletist » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:07 am

Just to clear up the point about a town bell. Yes, I'm an ignorant noob but can confirm we do have one. Thanks for the feedback on the leantos man.

Was just pointing out my 25x25 PC claim because I was trying to figure out how many torchposts/braziers are enough. Letting my boys figure out their own **** :)
Last edited by kompletist on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
kompletist

Postby JohnSnow » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:58 am

Maybe someone will post a screenshot of their "ideal" defense? Because one screenshot explains everything much better than all this disputes, and it is also much clearer.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Reviresco » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:04 am

Reviresco

Postby Bleuwulf » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:21 am

JohnSnow wrote:Maybe someone will post a screenshot of their "ideal" defense? Because one screenshot explains everything much better than all this disputes, and it is also much clearer.

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3938
older,but still useful "common sense" tips.

https://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1487
another useful post with regards to general strategies (some info may be outdated in current mechanics)

http://forum.fludd.seatribe.se/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16983&sid=ae93f3ac9490e7f2febbf840eb0cdbd6
yet another,more recent and more advanced/specific concepts of wall/brazier/TP placement

also try looking at some youtube tutorial vids,there are some excellent ones by certain players,which are useful and which are not you'll just have to research and experiment with yourself.
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby JohnSnow » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:21 am

Bleuwulf wrote:http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3938
older,but still useful "common sense" tips.

https://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1487
another useful post with regards to general strategies (some info may be outdated in current mechanics)

http://forum.fludd.seatribe.se/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16983&sid=ae93f3ac9490e7f2febbf840eb0cdbd6
yet another,more recent and more advanced/specific concepts of wall/brazier/TP placement

also try looking at some youtube tutorial vids,there are some excellent ones by certain players,which are useful and which are not you'll just have to research and experiment with yourself.

No, this is all very old information, it is also just theories and schemes. You guys here telling how to build a good defense, thus you already built something like that for yourself. What's the problem with making a screenshot? If you are afraid that after you post it you will be raided, then your defense is not so good and your advices is worthless. I know only one person who is confident in his defense and not afraid to show screenshots, this is Heffernan. But his defense is pretty uncomplicated.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Bleuwulf » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:13 am

I'm not going to argue,merely point out that regardless of total value of the info I provide,I'm at least TRYING to HELP,instead of just ***** at and belittling those who do....that IS what this section of the forum is for.
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Dallane » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 pm

JohnSnow wrote: What's the problem with making a screenshot? If you are afraid that after you post it you will be raided, then your defense is not so good and your advices is worthless.

Having good OPSEC is just as good as a solid base set up. Heff constantly posting his base will at some point come back to haunt him esp if mechanics change.

Also handed out bans and warning for the people who constantly fight in help of all places. Cleaning up thread soon(tm)
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Previous

Return to Help!