Orchard alts?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Orchard alts?

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:52 am

Yes. I'm sure such a solution would work but it would mean a complete rewrite of the code.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:26 am

I talked to Loftar about this at one point and he said that their are issues with that solution for decay tics, it was quite a while ago but iirc it was that it would end up creating too much load on the servers at certain points, so the solution would have to be to create a system that during off peak times tiles that hadn't been loaded in a while would have to be loaded have their decay tics calculated and then unloaded and it required more recored keeping, server resources, some systems to be rewritten, and just required more work than it was worth to be added it.
DarkNacht

Postby rustles » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 am

Top kek, I have no idea how the code is structured, I can only make assumptions. Sounds like it isn't modular enough. I like to break code down into many different functions and have it so function X takes Y parameter, and outputs Z result. That way you can swap out function X with function W and have it take the same parameters and produce the same result. That would make it way easier to optimize and expand.

Have you guys thought about letting dedicated autists volunteer as programmers?
rustles

Postby Dallane » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:42 pm

rustles wrote:Have you guys thought about letting dedicated autists volunteer as programmers?

Send JC a resume to show what you know. Will never know till you try.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Propulsion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 am

Is this why the server status says there are over 400 players per day? Around 40 of us logging in 10 alts to grow fruits. What a crap mechanic!
Propulsion

Previous

Return to Help!