Proficiency question on Sugar & Spice

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Proficiency question on Sugar & Spice

Postby grimkid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Lazun123 wrote:bah, attune it to the prof. is what you should do, which in my opinion are 5 real catigorys. Spice for food, Thread and needle for cloths and law and lore to keep town costs down(ignore if your not in a big town) Stocks and cults for more yield, herb and sprouts more garden pot items. You can easly get one main toon to learn all the skills, but only have one toon focus hard on a prof. seeing how insperation is limited.

That being said, make a ungodly amount of crime alt, cobat alts and raiding alt geared for certain wall types. if you wish to explore the criminal side of the game. Just never use any of your prof or skill alts to dual as a criminal.

just my 2 cents

In another thread, someone said that you might need an alt for "food" with big spice. From what i've read on the wiki and what i found on the forums, i thought that sugar and spice is used for glutony bonus only.

Can someone explain what other bonuses are there for high sugar and spice? :?:
grimkid

Re: Proficiency question on Sugar & Spice

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:47 pm

That's all its used for. (Gluttony timer reduction bonus every 3 points)
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Lazun123 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:49 pm

when you get into large gluttony sessions the reduction of time will help you have a gluttony session sooner. It isnt a issue in lower biles, but becomes much more important the high you get
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Bleuwulf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Lazun123 wrote:when you get into large gluttony sessions the reduction of time will help you have a gluttony session sooner. It isnt a issue in lower biles, but becomes much more important the high you get

it's even helpful to a point at lower biles,once you hit the point of using pine nut stuffing/meat pies and so on,they have one helluva long cooldown xD

and in case newer players read this i want to throw in that "feasting" bonus stacks on this and is important as well...
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Yes » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Bleuwulf wrote:reduction of time

"feasting" bonus stacks on this

How sure are you about this? Have you tested it enough to say that from your own experience? I've not seen this information anywhere.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby Bleuwulf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Yes wrote:
Bleuwulf wrote:reduction of time

"feasting" bonus stacks on this

How sure are you about this? Have you tested it enough to say that from your own experience? I've not seen this information anywhere.

http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Gluttony#Full_and_Fed_Up_Timer_reduction

and yes I'm also sure from personal anecdotal evidence,in a 10-12 point glutton i have an almost 3 day cooldown,one one occaision i managed 33 points using similar food,and F&F was about a day and a half :p
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Yes » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 pm

But do you have to have a feasting bonus to get the reduction? I don't think so. With 0 Festing you will still be getting the reductions on the 33th humour gain.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby Lazun123 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Yes wrote:But do you have to have a feasting bonus to get the reduction? I don't think so. With 0 Festing you will still be getting the reductions on the 33th humour gain.

That is correct
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Bleuwulf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:01 pm

i never said you HAVE to have it,I said it stacked. why do you people feel the need to correct me CONSTANTLY<even when I am quoting directly from wiki???

Perhaps this time the fault is mine for phrasing it poorly,let me clarify:

S&S will reduce your cooldown for ever run of 3 points in a glutton

A high feasting bonus will boost your humour gain for every run of 10 points in a glutton

Both are useful.
Bleuwulf

Return to Help!