How many alts?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

How many alts?

Postby casualgamerdave » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:57 pm

I've made 3 alts: Blacksmith, Hunter, and Farmer.

I don't want to make too many. Could you please tell me what are some good skill paths that could be coupled in a single alt?
HS=dave000
casualgamerdave

Re: How many alts?

Postby AngelOfSilence » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:42 pm

wel tbh you need main char, combat alt and crime alts

would be good to get a few for solo wrought making too
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Kralith » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:03 pm

If you want to play with 2-3 clients at same time, i would suggest build one for mining, one for woodworking and the main up to farming and other stuff.
But you have to have them on 3different accounts to work parallel with them.

Then you can still build up as many little alts as you want, for all this little tasks like foraging, scouting, crime, holding outposts and so on.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Forungi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Keep most of your characters completely hidden from public knowledge, that way if you die everyone thinks you're wiped off the map.
Forungi

Postby matan002 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Forungi wrote:Keep most of your characters completely hidden from public knowledge, that way if you die everyone thinks you're wiped off the map.

¦]
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby Kandarim » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

there's no such thing as too many alts.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:49 pm

If you want the minimum number of alts to do everything in the game, you should have one farmer who can do all of the skills needed around your base, one hunter who is skilled to travel and to get the most out of hunting animals with skills like Viscera and Bits, and who can also double as a combat alt as he'll need most of the fighting skills and high humors anyway, and if you want to raid you'll need at least one or two characters capable of committing crimes and with enough humors to break into a base without dying. How many humors that is depends on who you want to raid.

Other than that, yeah some people make little alts for exploration, for porting lime from alternate bases when their main base doesn't have a lime spot or whatever, or for helping them make wrought iron. You need to be able to multi-client for some of that.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby casualgamerdave » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Thanks very much!
HS=dave000
casualgamerdave

Postby Lazun123 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:52 pm

bah, attune it to the prof. is what you should do, which in my opinion are 5 real catigorys. Spice for food, Thread and needle for cloths and law and lore to keep town costs down(ignore if your not in a big town) Stocks and cults for more yield, herb and sprouts more garden pot items. You can easly get one main toon to learn all the skills, but only have one toon focus hard on a prof. seeing how insperation is limited.

That being said, make a ungodly amount of crime alt, cobat alts and raiding alt geared for certain wall types. if you wish to explore the criminal side of the game. Just never use any of your prof or skill alts to dual as a criminal.

just my 2 cents
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Claeyt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:14 am

casualgamerdave wrote:I've made 3 alts: Blacksmith, Hunter, and Farmer.

I don't want to make too many. Could you please tell me what are some good skill paths that could be coupled in a single alt?

You should have a 'Main' skilled alt with high farming, weaving, mining stats and all the skills. You need to protect this 'Main' at all costs as it will be your most valuable thing in the game. Don't go out hunting outside your walls with it. Don't go into combat with it. Keep it in defensive areas. Don't specialize in mining, blacksmith, weaving or farming. It's better to have 1 'Main' really great at all of these eventually even if it's easier to get 3 guys good at each of them individually.

Then you can build smaller alts. I usually end up with a ton of second tier mains I call 'Mayor alts' who are attached to various townbells I own, who I skill up to have most skills but aren't to big. You'll need Combat Alts with all combat skills. You can combine these into Hunting Alts so as go off and hunt rare items off darkness monsters. These will be alts that aren't throw away alts but ones you'll be willing to risk losing in combat.

You will also need Criminal Alts and a Murder Alt if you want to commit crimes. There are different types of criminal alts. Top level players have a Wall Basher for wasting walls. You can have Explorer Thieves who wander around raiding noob bases. You can have Experienced Thieves based out of your main town who are big enough to raid towns but not important enough that you mind them being in the stockade for a week. These will be your throw away alts that you will raid with but who you, again, don't mind losing.

There are tons of other alts that people use as well. Some of them are extremes and others are just utility alts. Kuku showed us her 3500 blood Pit Fighter Alt in another thread that she probably only uses for her main town base defense and in the fight club events. That's an extreme. I use a Trader Alt which I run all my trades through and owns my stall. He also holds my main memory list and kin list. I trade with him and and not my main for secrecy so no one knows my main. Other people don't care if you know their main so they just do it all with that. Back when I and my town mates were mapping I had a ton of 20-50 stat Explorer Alts that I'd throw a rummaging set on and just run them around collecting map tiles and town locations. They'd eventually skill up into minor Darkness Hunters, Whalers, Granite Miners, Clay Pit Brickers, Liming Alts, Fishing Hermits, or Lobstermen and other specific location alts but they were basically just general alts to explore with.

...and then of course there are Witches and all of their variances: Witch "Mains", Witch Monster Hunters, Witch Curse Casting Criminals, Battle Mages, Dreamworld Explorers, etc...

The game is endless.

but you seem new so worry about that later. Focus on 1 'Main' and one Hunter/Combat alt and you'll be fine.
Claeyt

Next

Return to Help!