How many alts?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How many alts?

Postby Dallane » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 am

jesus clay makes this game seem like you have to no life and have millions of alts. OP you really only need enough alts as YOU need. Im my time here I've had one social character which was my "main" who had all the skills i needed to enjoy myself in this game along with various combat alts around in different towns. I didn't care to min max **** as it's not required at all. Tailoring for example. Heff and others do it extremely cheap. Focus on what YOU want too do in this game. If you do what clay poorly suggest then you are going to burn out with ***** of alts doing ***** like he does. He also made up a ***** load of imaginary character types.

Bottom line like meow said, if you have a secure town then have your "Main" there for crafting and such and get a combat alt to hunt and explore if thats what you want to do. Have fun and if one day you think that you would like a new character doing a certain job then focus on that.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby casualgamerdave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:06 am

Thanks again.

The help on this forum has been excellent; it's really welcoming for newbies.
HS=dave000
casualgamerdave

Postby Reviresco » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 am

Alts are handy for storing low-weight items, such as certain foods/ingredients, and inspirationals. Put them on their own account for easy transfers.

e.g.
Reviresco

Postby KruskDaMangled » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 am

A lot of it comes down to opportunity costs and logistics. Also judgments about risk versus reward, and safety. Like, was it worth your time to get a character to the point it could rifle a lean-to for it's crap/steal some stuff out of a petty little claim compared to what you got? If you came out ahead in terms of profit/opportunity cost, then getting that character killed was worth it. A lot of characters are simply worth more than petty crime.
KruskDaMangled

Postby grimkid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Reviresco wrote:Alts are handy for storing low-weight items, such as certain foods/ingredients, and inspirationals. Put them on their own account for easy transfers.

e.g.

genius, thanks :mrgreen:
grimkid

Previous

Return to Help!