Logging off on giant cricket

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Logging off on giant cricket

Postby foamingowl » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:40 am

I logged off while riding a giant cricket and now the game says I am going to lose my inventory and whisk me back to my homestead. If I log back in, can I go back to my spot where I logged off and collect my items? Would they be there?
foamingowl

Re: Logging off on giant cricket

Postby Ghoul » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:48 am

foamingowl wrote:I logged off while riding a giant cricket and now the game says I am going to lose my inventory and whisk me back to my homestead. If I log back in, can I go back to my spot where I logged off and collect my items? Would they be there?

depending on the items they only last a short period of time
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Lansett » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:13 am

Actually in this situation the items do not drop on the ground, they just vanish.
Your best bet is to just wait that the criquet despawns before logging in.

But I guess now you already logged in :p
Lansett

Postby Ghoul » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:51 am

Lansett wrote:Actually in this situation the items do not drop on the ground, they just vanish.
Your best bet is to just wait that the criquet despawns before logging in.

But I guess now you already logged in :p

What causes this issue? I ask because I logged off on a cricket before and simply couldn't log back in. It said the cricket was occupying the same space that I was trying to log in to. I logged into an alt and moved it and I was fine.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:08 pm

You need to reconnect to the game before the auto logout happens and you'll be safe from having to respawn or move it with another character(can't do this if you are running around outside by yourself).
If you can't move it with another character you will have to wait for the map to deload as others said. Takes around 15-20 minutes.

As to why this happens, its because the character will log out regardless of being on the cricket and the cricket doesn't log out with you. Therefore, when trying to log back in the cricket will be considered an obstacle in your way as you are no longer considered to be riding it when force logged out.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Return to Help!