Copy of Master Key Doesn't Unlock

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Copy of Master Key Doesn't Unlock

Postby Ghoul » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:32 pm

I made a lock and a master key, I attuned the key to the lock. I placed the lock on an object and we're hunky dory. I go to create some master copies and after they're made I find that they do not unlock my attuned lock, but my original master key does.

How do I do this properly so that my key and any copies are attuned?
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Re: Copy of Master Key Doesn't Unlock

Postby Lansett » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Is it possible that, when you created the master copies, a different (wrong) key has been selected as an ingredient in your inventory?
Lansett

Postby Zapt13 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:27 pm

I would guess that you passed the physical key to another character? The holder of the master key needs to attune the slave key to the player by holding the slave key on their cursor and right-clicking them. This mechanic is different in Hafen, if you are familiar with that game.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Ghoul » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Lansett wrote:Is it possible that, when you created the master copies, a different (wrong) key has been selected as an ingredient in your inventory?

Oh I didn't think of that one. That's probably what happened! Silly crafting recipes not allowing me to choose what item to use in the recipe :x

Zapt13 wrote:I would guess that you passed the physical key to another character? The holder of the master key needs to attune the slave key to the player by holding the slave key on their cursor and right-clicking them. This mechanic is different in Hafen, if you are familiar with that game.

Thanks, but I would've mentioned it if I was trying to use the key on an alt.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Bleuwulf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Ghoul wrote:
Lansett wrote:Is it possible that, when you created the master copies, a different (wrong) key has been selected as an ingredient in your inventory?

Oh I didn't think of that one. That's probably what happened! Silly crafting recipes not allowing me to choose what item to use in the recipe :x

I have this problem when mixing berries and so on,what you do is left click the desired item in inventory,then again LEFT click the incorrectly highlighted one,and it should swap them.

EDIT: also,you can right click a key/map in inventory to label it,this helps keep em straight as to which one goes to what :)
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Taipion » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Ghoul wrote:

Zapt13 wrote:I would guess that you passed the physical key to another character? The holder of the master key needs to attune the slave key to the player by holding the slave key on their cursor and right-clicking them. This mechanic is different in Hafen, if you are familiar with that game.

Thanks, but I would've mentioned it if I was trying to use the key on an alt.

When you first create a master key, you get two keys from that bar, which are not the same, a good way to prevent any problems later on, if you don't need different keys that is, is to simply throw one of them away before proceeding any further.

Also, any recipe will alway select the matching items that last cam into your inventory, clicking some item(s) or moving them to your backpack and back into your inventory, then clicking (and thereby re-opening) the recipe again will do the trick.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ghoul » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Once I realized the keys I had were different and was making copies of the wrong key (thanks to lansett) then I just named labelled all of them and put the ones I didn't need in an urn :P

Taipion wrote:Also, any recipe will alway select the matching items that last cam into your inventory, clicking some item(s) or moving them to your backpack and back into your inventory, then clicking (and thereby re-opening) the recipe again will do the trick.

Thanks! I had figured out that dropping and picking up items would make crafting recipes use them with varying success. However, I didn't realize how the crafting menu determined what items it uses so this is really helpful.
Ghoul

Postby Taipion » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Ghoul wrote:Once I realized the keys I had were different and was making copies of the wrong key (thanks to lansett) then I just named labelled all of them and put the ones I didn't need in an urn :P

Taipion wrote:Also, any recipe will alway select the matching items that last cam into your inventory, clicking some item(s) or moving them to your backpack and back into your inventory, then clicking (and thereby re-opening) the recipe again will do the trick.

Thanks! I had figured out that dropping and picking up items would make crafting recipes use them with varying success. However, I didn't realize how the crafting menu determined what items it uses so this is really helpful.

:-)

This works in many ways, you could for instance shift-scroll 2 variable ingredients for a food recipe from 2 containers where each container has one of type of those items, into your inventory to mix them.
So if the recipe needs ...say... 6, and you load them into your inventory 3 each, you can make sure that the recipe creates always a mixed result, just open (or re-open) the recipe after you are done loading, and it will process all ingredients in the order (last in => first out) as they came into your inventory.
This can be helpful for instance if you only have say green cabbage and colewort and you want cabbage crush salad that is even on all humors instead of only having good ones for yellow and black, but works for many more recipes like that.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Help!