Town Bell

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Town Bell

Postby AcidSpiral » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:52 pm

Best advice I can give is to start moving all of your stuff out to a new base before they build enough authority to domain you. Make them lose money.

And take this as a lesson. Use both a tclaim and a pclaim to protect yourself.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Ghoul wrote:
Taipion wrote:It is this way since as long as anyone can remember, and I fear your arguments about the games popularity are both invalid in itself, and invalid to the point that the devs dont care.

To the point:
Personal claim rights SUPERSEDE town claim rights, so as long as the townclaim owner did not eminent domain (removed, by paying TWO TIMES the cost of your pclaim to your ingame bank account!) your claim, you are still fine.

Town-belling someone IS expensive, and not worth it on small claims, and not practiced against poor newbies due to that, if you are a poor newbie and you got townclaimed, then chances are you were in the way of somone expanding their town, which is bad luck and rather rare due to the vast size of the games world.
YES, you are not supposed to start the game, put up a small pclaim and say f*ck you to everyone coming your way, it just does not work that way, for a reason.

It is still not 100% clear what your actual problem is.
Please provide screenshots or more details.
If you need help getting started, there ought to be players willing to take you under their wings or at least help you not dying in the first few days.

I don't mean to derail but I'm REALLY curious to know: did I read this correct in that I interpreted it to mean that if you eminent domain someone's pclaim then the money you paid to eminent domain the pclaim goes to the owner of the pclaim?

Yes, to the bank account of the pclaim owner, cost and money added to bank equal twice the size of the pclaim.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby punker » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Sad you can get ***** like this. The reason i rushed a tclaim from advice from this forum. Paranoia serves you well in salem.
punker

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Aprimell wrote:my problem is this... someone placed a town claim over my claim and enclosed my claim with walls

This is badly executed, you still have a chance.

AcidSpiral wrote:Best advice I can give is to start moving all of your stuff out to a new base before they build enough authority to domain you. Make them lose money.

And take this as a lesson. Use both a tclaim and a pclaim to protect yourself.

No, I would try something else instead:

The town bell just popped up, iirc a bell as old or younger as 7 days is IMMIDIATELY vulnerable to a TbF! (so you dont need to wait 24h)
Assuming you still have a pclaim inside, that has not yet been eminent domained.

=> Course of action as follows:

1.) build a TbF, those are pretty cheap actually, make sure it is facing the townbell to effect it
2.) take your lowest, most expendable char that either has waste or can learn it in a moment
3.) take a few buckets of water and dowse all braziers in range of the townbell, or else they will shoot you when you try to destroy it
4.) take that char and kill the bell
5.) expand your pclaim over the scents that you produced by destroying the bell, or place a new pclaim there to cover them, build walls (preferably brick walls) and/or a kiln, a house or whaterver to make it impossible to anyone to reach your scents without commiting waste
6.) get a fking townbell yourself! :p
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnSnow » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Taipion wrote:1.) build a TbF, those are pretty cheap actually, make sure it is facing the townbell to effect it
2.) take your lowest, most expendable char that either has waste or can learn it in a moment
3.) take a few buckets of water and dowse all braziers in range of the townbell, or else they will shoot you when you try to destroy it
5.) expand your pclaim over the scents that you produced by destroying the bell, or place a new pclaim there to cover them, build walls (preferably brick walls) and/or a kiln, a house or whaterver to make it impossible to anyone to reach your scents without commiting waste

This is right, but the 6 actually should be on first place, because you must be town member to build TbF.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:54 pm

JohnSnow wrote:
Taipion wrote:1.) build a TbF, those are pretty cheap actually, make sure it is facing the townbell to effect it

This is right, but the 6 actually should be on first place, because you must be town member to build TbF.

Ah yea, forgot that. :D

You don't need an actual town of your own though, IF you know someone who has a town and is willing to help you.
Taipion

Postby Aprimell » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:13 pm

is it possible in any way to destroy the wall of atown without trial by fire
Aprimell

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Aprimell wrote:is it possible in any way to destroy the wall of atown without trial by fire

No.

You could though destroy your own walls IF they are on your pclaim (=so you got rights to do so, overriding town claim rights) and use the splash to break them.

You can also take over bells under certain circumstances with just having them inside visual range, but that does not apply here except you ...kill the one who build it. ^^
Taipion

Postby AcidSpiral » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Just a thought... Could she extend her pclaim over the bell and break it that way without being a town member?
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:18 pm

AcidSpiral wrote:Just a thought... Could she extend her pclaim over the bell and break it that way without being a town member?

I have not tried that under these special circumstances, but I doubt it would work, otherwise you could simply nullify other peoples tclaims by putting your own pclaims under them,
but you can try.

Again, the simplest way of breaking it would be with a TbF while the bell is still new.
IF the OP has friends or someone willing to help, one could simply port to providence, be invited to another town so you are a town member and can build a TbF, use that to break the bell and leave the town again.
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Help!