Town Bell

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Town Bell

Postby Aprimell » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:52 am

is it allowd that someone can build a city claim over another claim?? isnt there any rule against this
Aprimell

Re: Town Bell

Postby Yes » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:03 pm

A P-claim can be town belled.
http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Invoke_Eminent_Domain

There's no 100% way to be protected from it.
Last edited by Yes on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Aprimell wrote:is it allowd that someone can build a city claim over another claim?? isnt there any rule against this

What happened?

People like pictures and details of storys! ;)

As for the claims, a town claim can be build over a personal claim, and the tclaim owner can use eminent domain to "buy" the pclaim, that is intended, and 1/2 of the reason to have a town bell in a permanent, well developed settlement.

Also see this for a general idea of what the different claims are, and how they differ.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Aprimell » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:38 pm

his is stupid because if i get ko on my own claim that some else built a town claim over. i will not be able to revive. i think there should be rules against build a town claim over someone else Pclaim because if not.. this gives all more developed players a major advantage over the new ones. hence this game will never grow if this practice is allowed.

in detail to build a T claim over a personal claim i believe the builder needs to have rights on the personal claim.
this would allows some means of protection and also means readers would have to attacks the claim head on without using stupid glitches cheats and tricks

good game but new players are as an extreme disadvantage.
because of this i this game will never become as popular as it should be.
Aprimell

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Aprimell wrote:his is stupid because if i get ko on my own claim that some else built a town claim over. i will not be able to revive. i think there should be rules against build a town claim over someone else Pclaim because if not.. this gives all more developed players a major advantage over the new ones. hence this game will never grow if this practice is allowed.

in detail to build a T claim over a personal claim i believe the builder needs to have rights on the personal claim.
this would allows some means of protection and also means readers would have to attacks the claim head on without using stupid glitches cheats and tricks

good game but new players are as an extreme disadvantage.
because of this i this game will never become as popular as it should be.

It is this way since as long as anyone can remember, and I fear your arguments about the games popularity are both invalid in itself, and invalid to the point that the devs dont care.

To the point:
Personal claim rights SUPERSEDE town claim rights, so as long as the townclaim owner did not eminent domain (removed, by paying TWO TIMES the cost of your pclaim to your ingame bank account!) your claim, you are still fine.

Town-belling someone IS expensive, and not worth it on small claims, and not practiced against poor newbies due to that, if you are a poor newbie and you got townclaimed, then chances are you were in the way of somone expanding their town, which is bad luck and rather rare due to the vast size of the games world.
YES, you are not supposed to start the game, put up a small pclaim and say f*ck you to everyone coming your way, it just does not work that way, for a reason.

It is still not 100% clear what your actual problem is.
Please provide screenshots or more details.
If you need help getting started, there ought to be players willing to take you under their wings or at least help you not dying in the first few days.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Aprimell » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:24 pm

my problem is this... someone placed a town claim over my claim and enclosed my claim with walls
Attachments
shot_2017-03-05 09.22.08_1488720128854.jpeg
this should be a banable offence
shot_2017-03-05 09.22.08_1488720128854.jpeg (245.33 KiB) Viewed 10242 times
Aprimell

Postby Yes » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Typical. You obviously had the silver for a town, but didn't know a town claim is the best use for your money.

You also have tons of walls, including brick walls and are implying you're a beginner.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby Ghoul » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Taipion wrote:It is this way since as long as anyone can remember, and I fear your arguments about the games popularity are both invalid in itself, and invalid to the point that the devs dont care.

To the point:
Personal claim rights SUPERSEDE town claim rights, so as long as the townclaim owner did not eminent domain (removed, by paying TWO TIMES the cost of your pclaim to your ingame bank account!) your claim, you are still fine.

Town-belling someone IS expensive, and not worth it on small claims, and not practiced against poor newbies due to that, if you are a poor newbie and you got townclaimed, then chances are you were in the way of somone expanding their town, which is bad luck and rather rare due to the vast size of the games world.
YES, you are not supposed to start the game, put up a small pclaim and say f*ck you to everyone coming your way, it just does not work that way, for a reason.

It is still not 100% clear what your actual problem is.
Please provide screenshots or more details.
If you need help getting started, there ought to be players willing to take you under their wings or at least help you not dying in the first few days.

I don't mean to derail but I'm REALLY curious to know: did I read this correct in that I interpreted it to mean that if you eminent domain someone's pclaim then the money you paid to eminent domain the pclaim goes to the owner of the pclaim?
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Aprimell » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:37 pm

still i believe if there are waste claim skills ... there should be rules and consequences against this.. if not what is the point of those skills
Aprimell

Postby Aprimell » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:38 pm

if u reread .. i never said i was a beginner
Aprimell

Next

Return to Help!