sleeping/logging out

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

sleeping/logging out

Postby theMGMT » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:12 am

I recently came back to the game only to find out my main character had been murdered! I'm almost certain I logged him out(granted it was outside any claim/not in bed) and now he's dead!? What's done is done but is there no way to be safe while logged out now?? Can player kill you anywhere even if you're not logged in?
theMGMT
Customer

Re: sleeping/logging out

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:55 am

theMGMT wrote:I recently came back to the game only to find out my main character had been murdered! I'm almost certain I logged him out(granted it was outside any claim/not in bed) and now he's dead!? What's done is done but is there no way to be safe while logged out now?? Can player kill you anywhere even if you're not logged in?

If you did log out for certain, then the only way you can be killed while offline is if you've committed a crime. For many crimes, you can be summoned online under the right circumstances. Otherwise, you can't be killed while logged off, only have your items stolen if the thief gets access to your homestead.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby theMGMT » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:57 am

Very strange.... I can't imagine I'd be careless enough not to log out... but thank you. Now I can go to sleep
theMGMT
Customer

Postby JohnSnow » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:20 am

Game client contains a bunch of bugs. Sometimes when you close client, java process does not ends and thus your character remains online. It is better to use bed or log out button in main menu.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Bleuwulf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:13 pm

JohnSnow wrote:Game client contains a bunch of bugs. Sometimes when you close client, java process does not ends and thus your character remains online. It is better to use bed or log out button in main menu.

This. Ultimately you should always sleep in a bed anyway for Inspiration boost (with pajamas if you have them)
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby theMGMT » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:19 pm

JohnSnow wrote:Game client contains a bunch of bugs. Sometimes when you close client, java process does not ends and thus your character remains online. It is better to use bed or log out button in main menu.

That's most likely what I did :(
theMGMT
Customer

Postby theMGMT » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:32 pm

.......... I accidentally closed my client again... how do I log my character out now if I can't log back in since the toon is already logged in?
theMGMT
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Open Task Manager > Processes > Close any java.exe applications.
That will close the client and let you log back in the char. currently logged.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Return to Help!