Perma login

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Perma login

Postby AcidSpiral » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:40 am

Grey30a wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:
Grey30a wrote:I followed on your advice and just bind them near town.
Immediate Problem solved but ..
I still think people ought to be able to logout ANY time, At any point immediately. Sure, char can stay in game for a time or forever as Dev pleased.

You could easily find out why this is if you had gone to read the announcement about it. Items in Salem are not meant to be safe. They should always be able to be stolen. If you have a homestead, someone can loot your homestead when you are offline and have access to that character's inventory. If you don't have a homestead, and we allowed you to log off, your inventory would be safe. So, if you don't have a homestead, your body stays online so someone can KO it and loot that.

Interesting "logic"
Right now I made home for my 2nd char and safely logout in town. Happy?
Formally I did as you want but practically speaking...
Also I hope I misread you but are you saying if somebody break in my home claim they would have access to ALL of my inventory including items in my backpack? If not I dont understand your argument.

Otherwise thank to all who give me practical explanations and advice.

That is correct. If someone raids you they have access to steal every single last thing you own. Nothing is 100% safe.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Grey30a » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:23 am

Even what you have on your char? Even on your char in NPC town?
Note, Context is your main char is off line at time of raid.
Grey30a

Postby AcidSpiral » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:44 am

Grey30a wrote:Even what you have on your char? Even on your char in NPC town?
Note, Context is your main char is off line at time of raid.

Yes. All of your items can be accessed through your homestead by anyone with the Larceny skill. They right click the homestead, click "Lewt" and can steal whatever they wish. Of course doing so will leave larceny crime scents. Then any character that does not have a homestead cannot log out so it will eventually gain madness and die. This is to prevent people from making alt vaults to store all of their items with no chance of losing them.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Grey30a » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:53 am

WOW
I dont believe it!
So "lewt" actually let you access WHOLE inventory of ALL char on account off line or not! Even if they have different bind points?

I'm playing hard core PvP games like Darkfall, old UO, Shadowbane but you beat the record.
Not sure if I want it.
No wander its so hard to find group, take wrong person and say good bye to all you owned
Grey30a

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:59 am

Only the inventory of the char bound at that point. That's why you build defenses around your
homestead, to protect your things.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Grey30a » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:14 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Only the inventory of the char bound at that point. That's why you build defenses around your

You are hardcore indeed.
It takes a few weeks to get to the point when new players can make wall and you can't make fortress for each banking alts so they totally useless.
To take stranger into town is ultimate rick.... hmmm
Grey30a

Postby AcidSpiral » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:32 am

Grey30a wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Only the inventory of the char bound at that point. That's why you build defenses around your

You are hardcore indeed.
It takes a few weeks to get to the point when new players can make wall and you can't make fortress for each banking alts so they totally useless.
To take stranger into town is ultimate rick.... hmmm

What do you mean a few weeks? You can get the skills required for stone walls in less than two hours...
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:32 am

You seem to have a misapprehension of how the game works. Most players won't be in a great hurry to steal a few newbie items from a leanto, and a few newbie items can be reforaged in a few minutes anyway. Once you are ready and find a place to settle, make a claimstone, homestead that, and surround it with a low level wall and a torchpost or two. Then work your way up.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Grey30a » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:33 am

skills for stone walls =/=actual walls. is not it?
Walls alone without defense are just inconvenience for thief at worse or even lure.

I could be wrong about it so again your game, your rules you are right and I'm wrong
Grey30a

Postby Grey30a » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:41 am

TotalyMeow wrote:You seem to have a misapprehension of how the game works. Most players won't be in a great hurry to steal a few newbie items from a leanto, and a few newbie items can be reforaged in a few minutes anyway. Once you are ready and find a place to settle, make a claimstone, homestead that, and surround it with a low level wall and a torchpost or two. Then work your way up.

Indeed, I might be mistaken so will see but my initial impression is you over do it. IMHO.
Will see
Grey30a

PreviousNext

Return to Help!