Perma login

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Perma login

Postby Grey30a » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Apparently you can't logout if your char has no bind.
Switch off and logout functions blocked (WTF really!) and if you simply shut off windows your char stay in game for ever.
Right now 2 of my char (on same account) stay in one of the houses for two days. ALL the time. at same time uninterrupted.

Really sup with blocking logout function? Its really lame.
Note. I'm not talking about instant logout of char, Its logical to keep char in game for same time after player sign off.
Grey30a

Re: Perma login

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Grey30a wrote:Apparently you can't logout if your char has no bind.
Switch off and logout functions blocked (WTF really!) and if you simply shut off windows your char stay in game for ever.
Right now 2 of my char (on same account) stay in one of the houses for two days. ALL the time. at same time uninterrupted.

Note. I'm not talking about instant logout of char, Its logical to keep char in game for same time after player sign off.

This isn't a bug. Look at the announcements and there should be a thread covering this.

Moving to help
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:50 pm

hold shift and press : this should open a almost invisible command prompt now insert ":lo" (without quotes) and you are logged out (tho ur character is still ingame since it has no homestead)
Heffernan

Postby Qiresea » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:56 pm

you should also watch your madness level, because if you reach level 10, your chars will permadie.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Taipion » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Grey30a wrote:Apparently you can't logout if your char has no bind.

You probably just came back and dont know yet, but there is something called madness now.

Get each of your chars a homestead and log them out, or they will be dead withing 1-2 days.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Grey30a » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:34 pm

I followed on your advice and just bind them near town.
Immediate Problem solved but ..
I still think people ought to be able to logout ANY time, At any point immediately. Sure, char can stay in game for a time or forever as Dev pleased.
Grey30a

Postby Kuddie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Grey30a wrote:I followed on your advice and just bind them near town.
I still think people ought to be able to logout ANY time, At any point immediately. Sure, char can stay in game for a time or forever as Dev pleased.

That's easy, just exit the client.
Kuddie

Postby Taipion » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Kuddie wrote:

That's easy, just exit the client.

Or type :lo

Yet, doing that when your char cant log out and will stay online, is a very, very bad idea.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:30 pm

You could easily find out why this is if you had gone to read the announcement about it. Items in Salem are not meant to be safe. They should always be able to be stolen. If you have a homestead, someone can loot your homestead when you are offline and have access to that character's inventory. If you don't have a homestead, and we allowed you to log off, your inventory would be safe. So, if you don't have a homestead, your body stays online so someone can KO it and loot that.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Grey30a » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:16 am

TotalyMeow wrote:

You could easily find out why this is if you had gone to read the announcement about it. Items in Salem are not meant to be safe. They should always be able to be stolen. If you have a homestead, someone can loot your homestead when you are offline and have access to that character's inventory. If you don't have a homestead, and we allowed you to log off, your inventory would be safe. So, if you don't have a homestead, your body stays online so someone can KO it and loot that.

Interesting "logic"
Right now I made home for my 2nd char and safely logout in town. Happy?
Formally I did as you want but practically speaking...
Also I hope I misread you but are you saying if somebody break in my home claim they would have access to ALL of my inventory including items in my backpack? If not I dont understand your argument.

Otherwise thank to all who give me practical explanations and advice.
Grey30a

Next

Return to Help!