hermit town?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

hermit town?

Postby grimkid » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:15 pm

is it worth making a town as a hermit? i want to be safe to work. smalbase can be less atractive to raiders, but can be enclosed by a town. a town can be atractive to raiders, but cannot be enclosed by another town.
grimkid

Re: hermit town?

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Definatelly. Raiders would need trial by fire to even try breaking in. That itself gives you 24h notice before you get atacked.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby grimkid » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:38 pm

thanks:D. mainly, i couldn't get too high with biles so far, so i just need time to run and clean valuable stuff from base in case i am attacked...

So, okai, i will go with town.
grimkid

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Don't bother with a town until you have a good wall and several braziers and torch posts. Defenses are much more useful to spend your time on that getting yourself and expensive bell. Bells are designed for groups living together to purchase and pay for, for an extra layer of protection. If you're only a hermit, you'll not likely have enough valuables for anyone to bother breaking in, even if you only have a pclaim, so long as your claim is well-defended.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 pm

grimkid wrote:is it worth making a town as a hermit? i want to be safe to work. smalbase can be less atractive to raiders, but can be enclosed by a town. a town can be atractive to raiders, but cannot be enclosed by another town.

Raiders are attracted to anything they can touch
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby riker88 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 pm

I'm a hermit and had just a p-claim base, with 2 wall layers & braizers. logged in to active Raiders breaking in and Lost my main character.. wished I had installed a town Bell.
riker88
Customer

Postby Choronzon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:47 am

In addition town claims seem to be more cheaper to expand than personal claims too.
Founder of Pilgrim Cloning & Pilgrim Enhancement projects.

Poachers Lodge - Trader you can trust.
Choronzon

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Choronzon wrote:In addition town claims seem to be more cheaper to expand than personal claims too.

Which is a bad spot to "save" money, a tclaim without a pclaim under it (and a bit further out) is quite vulnerable.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby punker » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Taipion wrote:
Choronzon wrote:In addition town claims seem to be more cheaper to expand than personal claims too.

Which is a bad spot to "save" money, a tclaim without a pclaim under it (and a bit further out) is quite vulnerable.

Should pclaim be bigger then tclaim?
punker

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:02 pm

punker wrote:
Taipion wrote:

Should pclaim be bigger then tclaim?

Exactly, as a rule of thumb, your pclaim should reach just a few tiles farther than your defense can shoot.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Next

Return to Help!