Long Distance Sanity

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Long Distance Sanity

Postby AstrellaLunari » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:17 am

How do you stay sane while travelling long distances?

It's not too fun having to make a fire every so often, so will just picking flowers cut it? Do I need to fish, too?

Do milkweed and other "useful" plants count as flowers?

AstrellaLunari

Re: Long Distance Sanity

Postby AcidSpiral » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:56 am

Just study something. Wood choppings will do.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:08 am

Just lower madness once you gain it, shouldn't gain more than a level or two
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby AstrellaLunari » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:39 am

As a new player, lowering madness seems nigh impossible. xD I'm racing to reach that milestone, though, hence my paranoia.
AstrellaLunari

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 am

AstrellaLunari wrote:As a new player, lowering madness seems nigh impossible. xD I'm racing to reach that milestone, though, hence my paranoia.

It's not too hard, just make yourself a minor affluence set (use wiki for help on slotting artifacts) or buy a teddy bear at the NPC stall (250 silver I think?).
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby AstrellaLunari » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:34 am

I've gone over and over the wiki, but I don't see anywhere to buy a teddybear? Or is that just not updated? As for the affluence, don't you need 250 to get into the hookah den? Or is there an unlisted benefit to affluence that I'm not aware of?
AstrellaLunari

Postby Qiresea » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 am

you will be fine if you study wood choppings as AcidSpiral suggested. you really dont need to bother with teddy bears and the hookah for now
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby tack » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:59 am

pick wild garlic and study it, look in acorn bushes and study cobwebs, pick up smooth stones and study them, scare crows and study their feathers, every bloom has some item to study , you should be able to cover any distance without any gain in insanaty or madness not to mention getting skills along the way
post powered by Dyslexia
tack

Postby Claeyt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:56 am

AstrellaLunari wrote:I've gone over and over the wiki, but I don't see anywhere to buy a teddybear? Or is that just not updated? As for the affluence, don't you need 250 to get into the hookah den? Or is there an unlisted benefit to affluence that I'm not aware of?

There is a temporary hookah in the second level of the crypt in the grave yard. Just go in the door and down a level past the bodies and you'll see it. you can smoke it for up to 6 head nods before you smoke to much. Just smoke it quick and right click off of it. It'll keep smoking until you fall asleep for a few minutes if you don't click off it.

For the teddy bears, there's almost always a teddy bear for sale in the blue player stalls. There used to be some for sale in the King's stall but the dev's got rid of that. I don't think there's any for sale on a regular basis.

You can also sometimes find pipes and tobacco for sale in the player stalls.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:55 pm

[quote="Claeyt"
For the teddy bears, there's almost always a teddy bear for sale in the blue player stalls. There used to be some for sale in the King's stall but the dev's got rid of that. I don't think there's any for sale on a regular basis.
[/quote]

Good lord why do you give bad advice. Be wary of teddy bears OP. The ones in the stall might not be safe.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to Help!