abandoned by mayor

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

abandoned by mayor

Postby roweanmcroy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:49 am

The other players in the town I belong to have quit playing and left me locked out of the center of our town. I would like to assume mayor ship but there are two locked gates between me and the town bell. my biles are not high enough to deal with the gates. Do I have any recourse other then wait out the silver in the town bell and wait for things in my way to decay. A waste claim is not a option as the gates are also locked to me. The other players in my town were contacted via skype one said he gave all his accounts to the other who is also the town mayor. When I contacted him he did not know what I was talking about mind you english is not his first language but....It would be nice to get some admin help on the matter.
roweanmcroy

Re: abandoned by mayor

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:02 am

If you have the ability to, you might put a pclaim down over those gates. There will then be no soak and you can destroy the gates with just a little time and regen food.

Or, you might take the risk of stealing the key to the gates from the Mayor or someone else who has that key.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby AcidSpiral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:08 am

TotalyMeow wrote:If you have the ability to, you might put a pclaim down over those gates. There will then be no soak and you can destroy the gates with just a little time and regen food.

Or, you might take the risk of stealing the key to the gates from the Mayor or someone else who has that key.

They cannot use the key unless it is attuned to them by someone holding the key though can they?
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:14 am

AcidSpiral wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:If you have the ability to, you might put a pclaim down over those gates. There will then be no soak and you can destroy the gates with just a little time and regen food.

They cannot use the key unless it is attuned to them by someone holding the key though can they?

Doh. What was I thinking? Yeah, you'll have to destroy those gates, key won't work.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby roweanmcroy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:21 am

pclaim is not a option I don't have permission to claim in town but I did go check thanks for the suggestion
roweanmcroy

Postby AcidSpiral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:30 am

roweanmcroy wrote:pclaim is not a option I don't have permission to claim in town but I did go check thanks for the suggestion

If their character that was mayor did not abandon the town or die I don't believe there would be a way for you to claim the mayorship of the town anyway. Your best bet is to probably move on to greener pastures.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby roweanmcroy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:32 am

I could still kill him his leanto is in the middle of town with the bell the trick is getting in there I guess wait and build biles cause its not like I could just use a cannon and I don't think I can fire on my own town with a mortar
roweanmcroy

Postby AcidSpiral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:37 am

roweanmcroy wrote:I could still kill him his leanto is in the middle of town with the bell the trick is getting in there I guess wait and build biles cause its not like I could just use a cannon and I don't think I can fire on my own town with a mortar

Unless he has committed a summonable crime you have no way to kill him while he is offline.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby roweanmcroy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:38 am

i heard destroying someones leanto could do it
roweanmcroy

Postby Taipion » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:39 am

roweanmcroy wrote:I could still kill him his leanto is in the middle of town with the bell the trick is getting in there I guess wait and build biles cause its not like I could just use a cannon and I don't think I can fire on my own town with a mortar

You'd need a summonable scent to do that.
(Also theres no cannons on Providence, and I'd guess mortars are not doing what you think they do.)

How about you just wait till the town runs out of money?
If you can get into visual range of the townbell, iirc, if it's unpayed you can take mayorship, right?

roweanmcroy wrote:i heard destroying someones leanto could do it

Does nothing besides dropping all the stuff on the floor that they had on that character.
And well, someone without a leanto (a HS to be more precise) though can log in but needs a HS to log out again then.
Last edited by Taipion on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Next

Return to Help!