what's a blood moon?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: what's a blood moon?

Postby Shadeen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:24 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:There are a few threads here if you search. Bloodmoons are caused by witches and last a couple days. If you KO outdoors, you will die instead of coming back. You can get extra items while mining if you don't mind the added risk. If you're online when the event begins, you'll get some extra madness and if you sit in church praying (just sit on a pew), you can help reduce the time until the event ends.

What is the added risk? I heard you don't perma-die even if you die while you are inside a mine... Was that information false?
Shadeen

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:26 pm

You only die under the gaze of a blood moon. Which means outside.
If you KO in the house or a mine you wont perma die, youll just respawn on your leanto or claimstone.
So, dont KO outside.
P.S.
Like all cats TotallyMeow is EVIL. I wouldnt trust her at all.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:18 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:You only die under the gaze of a blood moon. Which means outside.
If you KO in the house or a mine you wont perma die, youll just respawn on your leanto or claimstone.
So, dont KO outside.
P.S.
Like all cats TotallyMeow is EVIL. I wouldnt trust her at all.

That is actually true.

Likely thing on a BM is, if you want to mine to get rubble boulders to then chip and have a tiny, tiny chance of getting an amethyst...
A bat spawns! and attaches to your neck, bleeding and the like is magnified on a BM so you KO much faster than usual,
chances are you dont get it off your neck in time and you respawn at your homestead (outside the mine, in light of the BM) with the bat still attached to your neck,
you will promptly KO again, and guess what, now you are dead, permanently.

Don't ever mine with anything but disposable or really high humors characters on a BM!
Have some rubble boulders ready to chip in case you witness a BM, just don't mine new boulders if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Shadeen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:06 pm

Never thought of that! Thanks for the tip :O
Shadeen

Postby AcidSpiral » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Shadeen wrote:Never thought of that! Thanks for the tip :O

Tends to be if you stay on the first level of your mine you will probably be safe. I'm not 100% sure but it seems to be, from my experience, the lower you go the more likely it is bats will spawn. Plus use Latikai's with the auto-drop bat feature.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm

AcidSpiral wrote:

Tends to be if you stay on the first level of your mine you will probably be safe. I'm not 100% sure but it seems to be, from my experience, the lower you go the more likely it is bats will spawn. Plus use Latikai's with the auto-drop bat feature.

Number of bats coresponds to the level of the mine that you are curently mining.
It means that on level 1 youll get a bat as proc while pulling boulders but on level 6 youll get 6 bats.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby AcidSpiral » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:41 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
AcidSpiral wrote:

Number of bats coresponds to the level of the mine that you are curently mining.
It means that on level 1 youll get a bat as proc while pulling boulders but on level 6 youll get 6 bats.

I thought it might be that lower levels also increase the chance. Mining on my first level I pulled out almost a thousand boulders with maybe 2-3 bat spawns. On the second level I got 2-3 bat spawns in the first 200 or so boulders. All of this also done at 0 madness.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby gospodi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:04 am

I chipped 8000 rubble and no Arcane Amethyst why can't it give me one i don't want much just one to see that exist
gospodi

Postby AcidSpiral » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 am

gospodi wrote:I chipped 8000 rubble and no Arcane Amethyst why can't it give me one i don't want much just one to see that exist

Best of luck to you. I think our first one came after ~15k rubble. On the bright side you have a ton to sift now.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:08 am

I guarantee that it exists. Just the noobness is to strong in you.. They dont like scrubs !
ZoddAlmighty

PreviousNext

Return to Help!