BLACK SCREEN

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: BLACK SCREEN

Postby Biliardfun » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:28 pm

It's not a router problem and i use the original client. I've tried logging in through Private Tunnel VPN and it worked, it was quite slow but it worked. So possibly some blockes my way to the salem servers. I would be very happy if someone could give us a solution, but not paying for VPN.
Thanks for the replies. :)
Biliardfun

Postby Kandarim » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:28 pm

Sadly, this makes it clear the problem is not in your pc or in the server, but in the connection between them. You could nag to your internet provider (unlikely to make a difference), your boss (if you for some reason try to play from your work environment and bump into the company firewall) or your parents/government (for installing such a restricting firewall). Most likely it's the latter and your only real option will be a VPN. I've only heard it happen in Russia and China, though.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby dragunov » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:26 am

Kandarim wrote:Sadly, this makes it clear the problem is not in your pc or in the server, but in the connection between them. You could nag to your internet provider (unlikely to make a difference), your boss (if you for some reason try to play from your work environment and bump into the company firewall) or your parents/government (for installing such a restricting firewall). Most likely it's the latter and your only real option will be a VPN. I've only heard it happen in Russia and China, though.

Its now a major problem when interfacing between asian countries and US/EU based servers, they have installed additional gateways through which these connections have to be cleared. :/ im wondering if my problem is a similar situation.
dragunov

Previous

Return to Help!