Sevenless' Guide to the New World - Now with Community Help

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Sevenless' Guide to the New World-Gluttony Section Compl

Postby Banok » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:55 pm

"reasonably short and to the point" = concise, no? ;)
Banok

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Banok wrote:"reasonably short and to the point" = concise, no? ;)

Twas not to my understanding, but the internet definition agrees with you. I've always viewed concise as being high information density per word, but it does appear to require low word volume as well.

So nope. Not gonna be concise ;)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Argost » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:10 am

Sevenless I just wanted to thank you! Awesome write up.
Argost

Re: Sevenless' Guide to the New World-Skill/LA Section Compl

Postby Caven » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:53 pm

What is better for storing and locking items: locked cupboard inside house or locked strongbox outside?
Caven

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Caven wrote:What is better for storing and locking items: locked cupboard inside house or locked strongbox outside?

Cupboards are made of glass... err in the figurative sense. They break *very easily*. You also can't have braziers inside at the moment, which means houses are less defended than outside is.

For this exact moment in time, strongboxes outside surrounded by braziers are best. That can change a lot depending what gets implemented.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Devis134 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Are the cupboards truly easier to break?
If you have 2 or 3 brazier one near other, all them drains 1.5BB per second? or the Draining is lowered?
Devis134

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Devis134 wrote:Are the cupboards truly easier to break?
If you have 2 or 3 brazier one near other, all them drains 1.5BB per second? or the Draining is lowered?

Cupboards are very easy to break.

Let me explain braziers here for you. Yes, the draining is "lowered" PER brazier. However, the total drain on the enemy (which is what we really care about) is increased. You should have braziers working together to increase the BB drain on the enemy.
Sevenless

Postby Devis134 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Is there a % of the lowered drains per brazier near to other?
Or its just from 1.5 lows to 1.4 if you have 2?
Also can them be broken?
And if it doent affects inside of a house then, there should be any chests/ cuboards? Or i shall put a cuboards to provoke them to destroy it to lose BB, true? Then, the provocation will cost me 440s?
Devis134

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Devis134 wrote:Is there a % of the lowered drains per brazier near to other?
Or its just from 1.5 lows to 1.4 if you have 2?
Also can them be broken?
And if it doent affects inside of a house then, there should be any chests/ cuboards? Or i shall put a cuboards to provoke them to destroy it to lose BB, true? Then, the provocation will cost me 440s?

The total damage doesn't go up very well. I think 2 braziers might be 2.5 damage, or 1.25 each, roughly. Like I said, the damage/brazier isn't important, it's the total damage dealt. 2.5 is a lot better than 1.5 if you see what I mean. Braziers can be broken, but they're pretty tough. Not sure what their soak is, but they probably have a lot of HP as well.

My opinion of cupboards is that they shouldn't be locked. Now that there's metal chests, which have more soak than a cupboard, there's no point using cabinets for storing valuables. If they're able to smash things inside your base, it's not necessarily a good idea to piss them off.

So: Cabinets inside, unlocked, don't store valuables in them. Metal chests outside, surrounded by braziers and locked for valuables. If you want, you can even add an extra wall around the metal chest. Make a little vault in the middle of your base. It will be very hard to get items out of that.
Sevenless

Postby Devis134 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Ye alredy imagined the new chest will be stronger, also smaller(1tile).
Ok thx for all, will have a fortress inside a fortress, wich is inside a metal chest wich will be the perfect place for my branches!

Oh you didn't rememberd to put one last detail on your guide, thats somethig that i do:

If you have lots of chest and dont use all them, and them are on your claimed terrain, put inside some branches, with the update to can see if a chest is empty, its very probably that people will look what is inside and sole , 0.5? 1? BB also for staying time inside your terrain will lose BB and with your Brazier or Torchpost.. will be a good surprise for them :D
Devis134

PreviousNext

Return to Help!