Sevenless' Guide to the New World - Now with Community Help

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Sevenless' Guide to the New World ~Work in Progress~

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:25 pm

sabinati wrote:sticky

Appreciated :) I'm aiming to do humours/gluttony next. The other areas like mining I'm still a little leery of starting since I really doubt the current system is anything more than a placeholder in parts.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Sevenless, as far as I know you cannot build braziers inside or move them at all. This was changed awhile back, and I haven't tested it yet in the new world so see if the same rule still appies. If this is the case, then suggesting to build cupboards inside of a house is not the best advice, when you can build metal chests outside that cannot be moved and will be protected by braziers.
Last edited by staxjax on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:36 pm

staxjax wrote:Sevenless, as far as I know you cannot build braziers inside or move them at all. This was changed awhile back, and I haven't tested it yet in the new world so see if the same rules still apply.

Thanks Stax, I just re-read and caught that. I was aware of the change but forgot to edit :) (we lost 20 braziers we were storing inside when that little update happened, was not pleased lol)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 am

Beautiful, beautiful post. Very good! Definitely keeping this as a sticky :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby rogoku » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Wow, not even done and I'm already impressed. You are really working hard on this and it shows. Hopefully this will let some players jumpstart into the game, and make the game better for everyone overall.
I have no signature.
rogoku

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:04 pm

rogoku wrote:Wow, not even done and I'm already impressed. You are really working hard on this and it shows. Hopefully this will let some players jumpstart into the game, and make the game better for everyone overall.

To be fair, only the gluttony part is new. The self defence guide was written back for pre-commercial beta and taken down due to conflicts with the community on the Paradox Forums.
Sevenless

Re: Sevenless' Guide to the New World-Gluttony Section Compl

Postby Banok » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:19 pm

your haven guide was my saviour, so im very glad your doing a salem one. I will have to get time to reading it all, I must know most of it but might pick up some useful tips.

try and keep it reasonably short and to the point like the haven one was.
Banok

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Banok wrote:your haven guide was my saviour, so im very glad your doing a salem one. I will have to get time to reading it all, I must know most of it but might pick up some useful tips.

try and keep it reasonably short and to the point like the haven one was.

I hope you're being sarcastic friend. That guide was definitely not short :P
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Given the writing quality of some people, that guide was "short" and to the point. I can probably point out a lot of examples on the internet where it could have easily been double in length and said even less.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Given the writing quality of some people, that guide was "short" and to the point. I can probably point out a lot of examples on the internet where it could have easily been double in length and said even less.

I guess the term we're looking for is Concise. Doesn't have to be short for that particular almost synonym.
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Help!