rye

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

rye

Postby nosfirebird » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:42 pm

is it cabbage or pumpkin that needs to be higher.
my fields are 100 pumpkin 90 cabbage and its giving me barley and wheat
but my cotton fields gives me barley when cabbage is at 90% so is my fields bugged or something?
nosfirebird

Re: rye

Postby jcwilk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:04 pm

nosfirebird wrote:is it cabbage or pumpkin that needs to be higher.
but my cotton fields gives me barley when cabbage is at 90% so is my fields bugged or something?

http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Agricul ... d_Rotation

Edit - Corrected by ceromaster, it's the lower bar not the higher one
Last edited by jcwilk on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby nosfirebird » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:32 pm

jcwilk wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:is it cabbage or pumpkin that needs to be higher.

http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Agricul ... d_Rotation

As you see, cereal takes from 4 and 1, the two 2nd tier crops are rye and barley respectively... So if 4 (pumpkin) is higher, rye will be the 2nd tier crop produced, if 1 (cabbage/potato) is higher, barley will be produced.

Edit - Hm, though from what you said you should be getting rye... Are you certain you don't have the columns mixed up? Otherwise sounds like a possible bug, or maybe the wiki is wrong

im certain i dont have them mixed up ill replant the fields hopefully they arnt bugged because i get all the barley ill ever need outa the cotton fields i need rye and wheat for my cereal fields and like i said pumpkin was maxed out with cabbage being 90
nosfirebird

Postby jcwilk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Edit - confused nonsense, see below
Last edited by jcwilk on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCarver wrote:This way no matter how bad my day gets, a text message that one of you died to madness always seems to brighten it.
jcwilk

Postby ceromaster » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:57 pm

From the wiki:
The type of product produced by a field is determined by the sum of the two relevant bars:
if the sum is between 0 and 50 the field produces all tier 1 products.
if the sum is between 50 and 100 the field produces both tier 1 and tier 2 products.
if the sum is between 100 and 150 the field produces tier 2 products.
if the sum is between 150 and 200, the field produces both tier 2 and tier 3 products.
If the sum is below 150, then the tier 2 product is in the same order on the two tables. For example, a field with the first bar at 100 and the second at 0 could produce Indian Cotton, while a field with the first bar at 0 and the second at 100 could produce Egyptian Cotton. If the sum is above 150, then the lower of the two influence bars determines the type of tier 2 product. For example, a field with the first bar at 95 and the second bar at 80 could produce a mixture of Sea Island Cotton and Egyptian Cotton.

Its strange but you can get used to it.
ceromaster

Postby jcwilk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:01 pm

ceromaster wrote:From the wiki:
The type of product produced by a field is determined by the sum of the two relevant bars:
if the sum is between 50 and 100 the field produces both tier 1 and tier 2 products.
if the sum is between 150 and 200, the field produces both tier 2 and tier 3 products.
If the sum is below 150, then the tier 2 product is in the same order on the two tables. For example, a field with the first bar at 100 and the second at 0 could produce Indian Cotton, while a field with the first bar at 0 and the second at 100 could produce Egyptian Cotton. If the sum is above 150, then the lower of the two influence bars determines the type of tier 2 product. For example, a field with the first bar at 95 and the second bar at 80 could produce a mixture of Sea Island Cotton and Egyptian Cotton.

edit - Oh, what, the lower one is the one that counts for 2nd and 3rd? That is super strange lol, but ok, thanks for pointing that out I read it like 5 times xD
jcwilk

Postby ceromaster » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Yes, but only if the sum is above 150! U welcome, i did the same thing first :)
ceromaster

Postby nosfirebird » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:31 pm

jcwilk wrote:
ceromaster wrote:From the wiki:

edit - Oh, what, the lower one is the one that counts for 2nd and 3rd? That is super strange lol, but ok, thanks for pointing that out I read it like 5 times xD

so did i lol and it is a very strange way of doing it
nosfirebird

Postby Zapt13 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:02 pm

It's very handy because as your influence falls, you'll end up getting BOTH T2 products. High influence gets T3 and one T2, when influence drops you get the opposite T2. It's really quite brilliant!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Kandarim » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:02 am

think of it like this: if you have over 150 influence, it's the highest of the two being turned into t3.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Return to Help!