Gluttony and the works around it

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Gluttony and the works around it

Postby Banok » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 pm

if you guys know how exactly the varience stuff works in gluttony could you add it to the wiki please? ive never fully understood it ;p
Banok

Re: Learning Ability

Postby Bluestone » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:47 pm

What don't you understand about gluttony?
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Re: Learning Ability

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Banok wrote:if you guys know how exactly the varience stuff works in gluttony could you add it to the wiki please? ive never fully understood it ;p

Going a bit off topic here, so if a mod wants to split it, go for it. I think this is the one thing that's still not quite understood by most and I barely understand it...

From what I understand, if I even have it figured out, is that when you eat identical food items, each one causes the meters to tick back to 0 faster, or in other words, speeds up the decay rate of the gluttony meter. The only way to reset this is to exit gluttony mode or gain a point. I'm not sure if eating something different resets the counter or not. To explain what I mean: instead of eating four wild salads in a row, eat a salad, eat a roasted slug, eat a salad, etc.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: Gluttony and the works around it

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Split from this thread.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Megge » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Actually the Meter wich goes back is a way to fast, even if you mix the food's , You have to carry to much things in a little space of time.
You need to Check how much % the food takes to be done , after this you need to wait for the Result and think about what to take next , if u can't react in less than a second you already loose 2-3 Points wich makes 3-4 Low items or 1 Medium item useless.

It's a way to hard for me
Megge

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Use a basket, crate, or chest while you're trying to eat. It'll make it much simpler to organize. Also, plan before you start. Without any purity, it's hard to control exactly what you're getting. You're not having any harder time than anyone else.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:42 pm

I don't think it is that hard. Just need to plan ahead like MagicMan said. Also, pay special attention to how fast different items are to eat. You don't want to try to gluttony on just items that tick for 10-15%. Start off with those items and finish off with items that are quickly consumed. It is especially imporant that when your meter is dropping faster than you can can keep up to have some 'filler' items that tick very fast to finish off the meter. This information is not available on the wiki. I have my own list, but I can't be bothered to add the information to the wiki.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Definitely one of those pieces of information that needs to be added to the wiki.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!