The Layman Whisperer...

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

The Layman Whisperer...

Postby Kimnj » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:41 am

Hello all! I am new and I need help.
I realize that Salem is still a game in progress AND that there is a TON of help threads and helpful people here. Thank you,btw. But I, and maybe others, have realized that the we need help with the help. I love games and I want to learn this one BADLY, but I am not a developer. I am, comparatively, a layperson and I need layperson advice/tutorials. I'm at the point where I need tutorials for the tutorials! So I started this thread...

I hope this isn't an offense to anyone: it really shouldn't be since ultimately you want people to want to play,right?

Thanks for your time :)

(PS: to keep topics organized can we try copy/pasting the "issue" at the top of each post? idk lets see ...)

Last edited by Kimnj on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"YES. I am fully aware that I have died from a conniption-induced heart attack while playing Salem. Moving on..." -excerpt from my IRL Will
Kimnj

Re: The Layman Whisperer...

Postby Kimnj » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:47 am

THE MIDDLE BUTTON ISSUE

So I download AutoHotKeys(never did/used before), I loaded deguix's script....nothing. The -/+ zoom is all that works. Can't find the options everyone talking about in Enders or Latkais clients. Now what?
"YES. I am fully aware that I have died from a conniption-induced heart attack while playing Salem. Moving on..." -excerpt from my IRL Will
Kimnj

Postby Kandarim » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:52 am

my client has a laptop mode (options, Latikai tab, somewhere in the middle) with an explanation of how to use it to control the camera.
You should really buy a mouse, it's still a major pain.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Kimnj » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:11 am

I downloaded yours than I downloaded enders...did they cross each other out? And i couldn't find the latikai key before that either.
Kimnj

Postby Kandarim » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:29 am

they do not, but they have separate launchers (jnlps).
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Kimnj » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:55 pm

Ok. So I just launch the game from your client and everything worked dandy! Thank you.
BUT I tried to start a 2nd character last night and some error completely erased my tutorial progress 3 (or 4 times)....

MEMORY USAGE http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16788&hilit=error

--------
EDIT: now 6 times. I dont know how to fix memory usage as suggested...

Kandarim I will try to PM you these error details as requested:

Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client
Remarks on usage
If you use my client, please pm me crash reports like this (the selected text is what I want), preferably with some words on the circumstances: ...
Note that crashes you encounter while using my client should probably not go the Bugs & Technicalities. Post them here or pm them to me, and I will bump them along if applicable.
Kimnj

Postby Kimnj » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:13 pm

TUTORIALS
I just wanted to give a shoutout to Gamerzakh onYouTube for providing some VERY helpful tutorials. He doesn't talk like you know more then you do but isn't tediuosly dumbed down either. He goes into about strategy,resources, getting the most from your noob situtation and what to do now to ease future pilgrim problems. Watching certain chapters again every fews days of play is helps tremendously too. Th
Kimnj

Return to Help!