Friend's Homestead

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Friend's Homestead

Postby Tandy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:39 am

My friend and I both got or Cal of the Wild free teleport. She went first and made a homestead, and then I entered her homestead secret once she arrived, but I still got sent to a random homestead. Did I do something wrong and is there any way to fix this?
Tandy

Re: Friend's Homestead

Postby staxjax » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:44 am

Whoever you are teleporting to needs to have have settling skill, buy a writ of homesteading, build a claim stone, and set it to their homestead. A leanto does not count as claimed land.

Not a bug, moving to Help!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby loftar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 am

You're supposed to press enter in the textbox where you enter the homestead secret to use it, not click the "Use complimentary guidance" button.
loftar

Postby Odekva » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 am

loftar wrote:You're supposed to press enter in the textbox where you enter the homestead secret to use it, not click the "Use complimentary guidance" button.

Lot's of people do this mistake actually, may be it would be good to do smthing bout it? An additional button "Use"? :oops:
The Dwarven Rose shop
Please visit, have quite a bunch of things including food. ;)
Odekva

Postby Procne » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Odekva wrote:
loftar wrote:You're supposed to press enter in the textbox where you enter the homestead secret to use it, not click the "Use complimentary guidance" button.

Lot's of people do this mistake actually, may be it would be good to do smthing bout it? An additional button "Use"? :oops:

Yep, I already have 2 characters stranded in wilderness like this, littering the world with their lean-tos because there is no way to delete those characters
Procne

Postby Dallane » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Procne wrote:Yep, I already have 2 characters stranded in wilderness like this, littering the world with their lean-tos because there is no way to delete those characters

kill them
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Return to Help!