rare copper

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

rare copper

Postby Norelieth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:16 am

Maybe not the best place to ask but why copper is so rare ? I almost never see a copper bar on the market and I never have seen it in a mine. Is it just me or copper is rarer than silver :roll: ? I thought it was a rather basic metal as you can make nails with it. Thank you for your return. Have a nice day :) .
Pour être heureux, vivons cachés.
Norelieth

Re: rare copper

Postby Reviresco » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:21 am

Well, if you make pig iron instead you can process it into wrought iron, which sells instantly for a fair sum.

You can also use a gold bar to make nails, so it's not a gauge of rarity.

Chipping rubble boulders instead will make you more money through glass panes. There are just more profitable ways to spend your time.
Reviresco

Postby Nimmeth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 am

From my exp. (lvl 8 mine) copper is alot more common than silver.
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby Norelieth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Thank you for your responses. I don't want copper for money but for its uses (steam distillers, copper pots, ...). So it is just me as I discovered silver twice and no copper. :)
Norelieth

Postby Nimmeth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Norelieth wrote:Thank you for your responses. I don't want copper for money but for its uses (steam distillers, copper pots, ...). So it is just me as I discovered silver twice and no copper. :)

If that keep happen then i'll be happy to trade my copper ore for your silver ore. but tbh. just keep diggin. you've been lucky and unlucky at the same time
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Copper is less rare than silver. People generally don't smelt as much of it as iron or silver because there's less use. After you get your copper pots, buttons and buckles made there's not as much use for it. Iron use keeps going with steel and braziers and Silver can be ILLEGALLY made into silver coins which leaves a scent but makes some pretty good profit. There is some money to be made in selling copper pots to new players so check the stalls and the forum trade thread if you need one. Most veteran players have a bunch of copper boulders in their mine and are willing to trade you copper ore for you to smelt for cash.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Qiresea » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:04 pm

all metal bars sell more or less instantly now, so people don't advertise so often that they sell, it is rather the buyer who makes a post on the trade forum.
so if you want to buy, just make a trading thread about it, i am sure there are people who will be willing to sell copper to you.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Claeyt wrote:Copper is less rare than silver. People generally don't smelt as much of it as iron or silver because there's less use. After you get your copper pots, buttons and buckles made there's not as much use for it. Iron use keeps going with steel and braziers and Silver can be ILLEGALLY made into silver coins which leaves a scent but makes some pretty good profit. There is some money to be made in selling copper pots to new players so check the stalls and the forum trade thread if you need one. Most veteran players have a bunch of copper boulders in their mine and are willing to trade you copper ore for you to smelt for cash.

This is 100% not true at all copper is all over the place and always needed. STOP GIVING BAD INFO IN HELP.

There is a constant need for copper for all player 'levels" as you expand, cook and make new clothing sets. It has even been suggested that copper be used for more inspirations as you find so much of it. Keep mining OP there are tons of copper out there. You will eventually have a big stockpile of it.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:22 am

Claeyt wrote:Silver can be ILLEGALLY made into silver coins which leaves a scent but makes some pretty good profit.

So wrong. Silver ore can be made LEGALLY into silver coins and will not leave a scent if you just straight smelt a bar into coins. However, you can also make silver coins using silver bars and iron bars if you have the Debasement skill, which will leave a long-lasting debasement scent and give double the coins. I want to emphasize for new players that it is perfectly okay and safe to use the regular recipe to make 100% silver coins and you will not drop scents and risk your crafter if you do. For most profit with least risk, I recommend selling the silver ore to those players who have high level smelting sets and are willing to risk debasement scents.

And on the subject of the OP, copper is considerably more common than silver, but it is less common than iron and its veins tend to be smaller. You've only been unlucky so far to not find a vein.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Norelieth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Thank you again for all these explanations. It's perfectly clear for me now. I'll cross the fingers to finally find a copper vein and if not, I'll make coins to buy it.
Norelieth

Next

Return to Help!