the basic client

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

the basic client

Postby Torquemada » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm

hence the start of the closed beta I have been using the ENDER CLIENT to play, of course with the awesome new client we have to use the standard client.
Being that I am so used to the ender client I have NO CLUE how to use the standard client. I have looked threw the forums for a HOW TO for the standard client.
For instance, like in the Ender client we could adjust audio visual etc ect by clicking on the MASON type symbol (OPTIONS MENU). In the standard the only thing the mason symbol only toggles shadows. were does one toggle the audio functions and so forth?
As for the items showing up on the mini map like toad stools deer and such, im sure that was a perk of the ender client unless there is something that can toggle this for the standard client???
Any and all help would be awesome, please forgive me If this has been posted before and I over looked this.
Torquemada

Re: the basic client

Postby Jalpha » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:29 pm

The radar, which show foragables and creatures on the minimap, has only been a feature of custom clients thusfar.

The vanilla client has no other options aside from the shadows toggle at this point in time, although I think in the How to UI sticky within this topic board there are some simple commands you can enter. Nothing fancy though.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Torquemada » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:33 pm

OH ****** talk about relearning the game thank you for your reply
Torquemada

Postby Torquemada » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Forgot to ask being that you replied, does this vanilla client have some sort of leveling action or no? As we speak I am going threw the UI commands and I am coming empty.
Torquemada

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

It's all in the "How to UI" thread. Once you learn how to do it that way, you'll never need those third party clients again... ¦]

For anyone else reading this that can't find the default client anymore, click the "Account" link on top of this page and then the "Lauch the Client" button. You should be able to go to the homepage and do the same thing, too: www.salemgame.com
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Torquemada wrote:Forgot to ask being that you replied, does this vanilla client have some sort of leveling action or no? As we speak I am going threw the UI commands and I am coming empty.

The client doesn't, but the server does (for all clients). Ctrl-clicking a tile when digging or dropping dirt will dig or drop until the tile is level. It's not the same thing, of course, but it's a leveling action. :)
loftar

Postby Torquemada » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:19 pm

Ok Ender as you all know by now did update his client *WIPES BROW* Ok new issue and I do not think this has anything to do with the ender client but I do not know.
Farming I am able to put HUMUS on the field but not able to plant the seeds now??? and yes I have been working on this field for 3 weeks now.Did they add something that I have overlooked in the updates that you MUST have now before you can work your fields?
Torquemada

Postby Potjeh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Check your upkeep. You might need more humus or a bigger stack of seeds.
Potjeh

Postby Torquemada » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 pm

had all the required amounts I was Lagging of call thing *SHAKES HEAD* sorry
Torquemada

Return to Help!