Why do I suck at fishing??

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Why do I suck at fishing??

Postby tatertot18 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am

So no matter what I do, I can never catch more than Lake Perch and Mudsnappers. I've tried multiple lures, darkness, deep water, shallow water. Am I missing something??
tatertot18

Re: Why do I suck at fishing??

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 am

tatertot18 wrote:So no matter what I do, I can never catch more than Lake Perch and Mudsnappers. I've tried multiple lures, darkness, deep water, shallow water. Am I missing something??

yes. you need to do different combos of actions and bait to catch different fish. check the wiki for the different combos
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby staxjax » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:09 am

You also need to find good spots for catching different types of fish. Mudsnappers and lake perch can be caught almost everywhere.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MrGemini » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:12 am

did i just say i hate fishing? xD
Me had the same problem yesterday when trying to get tiger trouds, after not-fishing for months.
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

raven wrote:HOW MAKE FIRE ? I TRAY DIFFERENT WAY BUT I CANT MAKE FIRE
Gallient wrote:YOU NEED ASK JORB GOD MAKE FIRE, FIRE FALL FROM SKY FIRE BURN FOREST.
MrGemini

Postby Pjotr84 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Like Dallane suggested, you'd best check the Wiki article on Fishing: http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Fishing

The past few days I've done updating to this article together with a fellow player. A lot of it is still outdated, but Cape Codfish should at least be completely accurate now. Also, it looks like it's not simply a matter of +1,0 or -1 outcomes when taking choices. Some of the options add or subtract less than 1. Still needs a lot more testing.
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Return to Help!