Farming Influence Flow-chart: Need corn icons updated on wik

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Farming Influence Flow-chart.

Postby Myrdred » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:52 pm

ok and does any one know how to avoid the bug when a crop drains 3 values instead of 2? I just harvested cabbage of a field where cereal used to grow and cereals influence was drained.
Myrdred

Postby Slayblaze » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:42 pm

The best way to avoid that is for that bug to be fixed!

Not sure how high on the list of priorities that is though - it should be fairly high imo.
______
Slayblaze

Postby staxjax » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Who said it is a bug? I've never heard loftar or jorb confirm that it isn't working as intended.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Myrdred » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Well, a few people in this thread said to for example plant first cotton and only then cereal for tier 3 pumpkin. If a crop drains all 3 influences it doesn't provide and not just the designated 2 then it shouldn't matter what you plant first while aiming for tier 3 crops. In fact if it's not a bug then you should go the other way around and plant cereal and only then cotton so that this way you get tier 2 cotton while duping insane amounts of hay into a field so that you would get a few tier 3 pumpkins in the end.

if my reasoning is flawed in any way then please point it out but this the way I see it.
Myrdred

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:39 pm

staxjax wrote:Who said it is a bug? I've never heard loftar or jorb confirm that it isn't working as intended.

Completely this. The question HAS been posed to them and one can only assume that it is working as intended as they haven't came out and declared it a bug. As a note, it was first officially posted over six months ago.

Myrdred wrote:does any one know how to avoid the bug when a crop drains 3

Don't rotate all four crops in the same field. Stick to three unless you absolute need the extra influence.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Slayblaze » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 am

From Loftar: Currently, each cycle depletes 5% (unmodified) of the elements that the crop consumes, and fills 5% (modified by the influence boost) of the meter that the crop adds to. The harvest yields tier 1 output when the sum of the two meters it consumes is 0%-50% (of one meter), a mix of tier 1 and one of the 2nd tiers when the sum is 50%-100%, a mix of the 2nd tiers when the sum is 100%-150% and a mix of one of the 2nd tiers and tier 3 when the sum is 150%-200%. I'm open to changes on that, though.

Note: There is currently a possible bug where all crops actually drain 5% from every meter besides the one it contributes to. So for example, instead of Cabbage draining 5% from only the 3rd and 4th meters, it also drains 5% from the 2nd meter as well. The amount it contributes to the meter it produces output to seems unchanged.

That's from the Wiki on Agriculture, here: http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Agriculture
______
Slayblaze

Postby staxjax » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 am

That was coming from somebody who received second hand information from loftar, and then another person appended the information calling it a bug.

That doesn't really prove anything, as the wiki is edited by players and not the developers. I'm pretty sure that jorb is a master farmer, and you would think that he would have noticed it by now if it was not working as intended.

staxjax

Postby Ass_Kraken » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am

The agriculture section of the help game menu shows a list of each crop draining 2 meters and giving 1, it is clearly a bug.
Ass_Kraken

Postby staxjax » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 am

Ass_Kraken wrote:The agriculture section of the help game menu shows a list of each crop draining 2 meters and giving 1, it is clearly a bug.

Guess I never really paid attention to the help menus...back in the old'en days we didnt have any help menus so I never actually read any of them. I'll verify and then add this to the bug tracker saying that the agriculture tooltip needs to be fixed ;p

staxjax

Postby Jalpha » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Oh that made me laugh.

I'm not sure there is any good reason for crops not to drain more bars than the two they need for producing T2/T3 crops.

If you can think of one though perhaps you could influence a change 0.o
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

PreviousNext

Return to Help!