New items

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: New items

Postby Bluestone » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Qukatt wrote:Oh, how are people finding thorns and has anyone made an Acorn Indian yet?

Thorns are from thorn bushes in the coniferous forest.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby Caven » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Myrtle Oak Leave is also used to craft Woo-Woo-Wand

Woo-Woo-Wand:
1x Old Singed Log
2x Leather
1xs Myrtle Oak Leaves
Caven

Postby palamnaeuss » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Caven, what skill is needed for Woo-Woo-Wand? wiki says Whittling, got it but I don't see wand it in craft menu...
palamnaeuss

Postby Caven » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:08 am

Prospecting
Caven

Postby Potjeh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Found an abandoned cobweb in a myrtle oak.
A&C 750
F&W 1750
H&G 450
P&P 850
T&N 2000
Potjeh

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Potjeh wrote:Found an abandoned cobweb in a myrtle oak.
A&C 750
F&W 1750
H&G 450
P&P 850
T&N 2000

Neat, first surprise discovery. I wonder if they're something that has a chance of spawning each day then.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby ThePured » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 am

Qukatt wrote:I am LOVING the new berry bushes and the choppable ... driftwood? Caltrops? all over the beach. also the hiding places in logs and bushes as asked for in the old forums. Thanks Devs! You've made juggling my full inventory so much easier when I find the other parts of my craftables :D

I have question about the 2 older types though. One is the old style we're used to and the other is a double humped style boulder. are there any difference to them? does the new one give flint maybe? will check when I find another one

Edit: the new type of Boulder gives exclusively granite.

Lift a hollowed log up. Might surprise what lies under it.
Edit: A hint, It's aggro range has been raged on since it was introduced into the game.
jorb wrote:Oh not this **** again. I'm going to make it so that animals turn into fire breathing ***** dragons every time they come into base contact with a ***** signpost. Graaaah!
ThePured

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 am

ThePured wrote:Lift a hollowed log up. Might surprise what lies under it.
Edit: A hint, It's aggro range has been raged on since it was introduced into the game.

Been there done that. First snake I found that way didn't aggro me. Second one got my other villager (after I warned him not to pick up logs).
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Jacra » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 am

In real life acorns can be boiled for tannins - which are used to ... guess ... tan hides. But no clue if that is part of Salem.
Jacra

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:24 am

Jacra wrote:In real life acorns can be boiled for tannins - which are used to ... guess ... tan hides. But no clue if that is part of Salem.

It's possible that's in game. Cauldronmaking is an expensive skill. You wouldn't unlock the recipe until you get that skill if it exists.
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Help!