alternate characters

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

alternate characters

Postby iambobthepirate » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:28 am

How many alternative characters can you have under one beta key or one account?

i wanted to start a new character but i wasn't sure if it would delete my main. by creating a new character will i have the option to choose which one i use when i log in?
iambobthepirate

Re: alternate characters

Postby Ornery » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:40 am

You can make multiple characters with the same account and not worry about them being deleted unless killed in game. You'll have a character select screen on login, and as far as I know, there isn't really a limit to the number you can have on one account.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby iambobthepirate » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:44 am

ok now how do i get my alt to have the same homestead as my main?
iambobthepirate

Postby sabinati » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:44 am

You can add many additional characters to your account. You have the option to choose which character when you log in. Nobody has hit the limit yet as far as I'm aware. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby McMoody » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:15 am

iambobthepirate wrote:ok now how do i get my alt to have the same homestead as my main?

1.) your main must have a claim (lean to alone is not enough)
2.) on your main, open he friends window (CTRL + B) and choose a homestead secret (dont give this to anyone you dont trust)
3.) kin your alt via the friends window and homestead secret functionality. assign some color other then white to your alt
4.) click on your claim stone and give the color you have chosen for your alt access to your claim (all other kinned folks on that color have that access then)
5.) get your alt to boston and learn the first skill, so that you get the "call of the wilderness" (?) buff - a little icon will show under your Alts avatar picture. this allows you a free teleport at Bostons wilderness guides.
6.) talk to such a guide, and enter your mains homestead secret in the dialog that opens (lower section)
7.) after entering the secret , PRESS ENTER, so that a new "teleport to location" button appears (i fukked that up a couple of times ...)
8.) click the button and you are at your mains claim.a lean to should have been automatically created to which your alt is bound.

afaik, you can do this teleport only once, so if you used up your first teleport already, you have to walk to your mains place. Or you just create another alt, it only takes 5 minutes to get him to teleport
McMoody

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:34 pm

McMoody wrote:afaik, you can do this teleport only once, so if you used up your first teleport already,

To be specific, you can only use the "teleport to buddy" with a password during your free wilderness travel use. If you let it expire, you can no longer do this, either.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Glennfinnan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 pm

As far as I know the wilderness spawn buff can last very long, if not until you use it/learn The Rights of Englishman.
Heard from people that the buff stayed for several days during which they played 6-8 hours [until they used the travel/learned the said skill].
Glennfinnan

Postby iambobthepirate » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:09 am

thanks
much appreciated :D
iambobthepirate

Return to Help!