Fireplace Window?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Fireplace Window?

Postby Garbled » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:31 am

The Salem Wiki says there is a fireplace window where I can see it's status. I cannot seem to access this window?

Wiki says:
"The fireplace window displays two meters.
The first meter, on the left, displays how much fuel is in the fireplace.
The second meter (right one) displays the "burn down" time remaining for the ashes."

I have tried everything to see this window. Clicked stones, shift-clicked stones, clicked wood, etc... I want to see the burn down timer for coals. What am I doing wrong?
Garbled

Re: Fireplace Window?

Postby staxjax » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:47 am

You arent doing anything long. If the fireplace is lit, then you cant do anything with it except add branches to it to keep it burning or right click it and use a recipe that requires fire,

A full fireplace (10 branches) will burn for 4 hours before turning to coals. Once the fireplace has turned to coals you can right click the fireplace to open the inventory for the fuel and heat meters or place a straw wrapped food in the inventory window to cook it. You can also add more wood to the coals to relight the fire.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Garbled » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:09 am

Thanks!

Once it burned to coals i was able to open the window. Also, I cooked some warbite in the fireplace, and once though the coals had gone out, I was able to take the cooked food out.

Seems like another odd interface item though. Do they all have to be so obscure? If an item has a menu, it should always be accessible for informational purposes?
Garbled

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:30 am

Garbled wrote:Seems like another odd interface item though. Do they all have to be so obscure? If an item has a menu, it should always be accessible for informational purposes?

I quite agree. If we can add more fuel to the fire, then we should be able to check to see how much is there. After all, if the point is to let it burn down so I can cook in the ash, I'd like to know about how much time for it to burn down.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!