Mine Purity Help

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Mine Purity Help

Postby JT_Crafter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 am

I have done some reading and the way I understand it different purity dowsing rods will reveal different mines. I found my first mine with the woo-woo wands and no surprise I get 0% purity. How do you get higher purity mines without access to higher purity iron? Is it that you get a small % chance of slightly higher purity than the rods you are using to find the mine?
JT_Crafter

Re: Mine Purity Help

Postby Procne » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:04 am

From this first mine you should make iron rods. They will find more mines, since when prospecting with Woo-Woo you will only find mines with all nodes in range 25 +- 5 on each alchemical component. Iron rods let you find nodes with each alchemical component by up to 10 lower or higher than rod's component. Woo-Woo wands are always 0 purity with all components equal 25, so they will only show mines with component between 20 and 30. Iron rod with all components of 25 will let you find nodes with each component between 15 and 35.

Anyway, once you got your first iron rod use it to find some node. Once you find it, use woo-woo wand to check if you can see this node with it. If not then it means that at least one component is either below 20 or above 30, which brings you closer to higher purity. Then just build another mine, make another rod and so on...

The more rods you have the more accurate your results may be.
Procne

Re: Mine Purity Help

Postby JT_Crafter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:26 am

Thank you so much. Little technical however beter that than not enough info. the trick using both woo woo and rods will help me out a lot!
THANKS AGAIN!
JT_Crafter

Return to Help!