[Wiki] General Update Reports for salemthegame.wiki

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: [Wiki] General Update Reports for salemwiki.info

Postby Kandarim » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Bleuwulf wrote:
Qiresea wrote:is this page http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Text_Tutorials up to date ? :?

considering that the only tutorial linked on it links to the old,nonexistent forums

FYI the forums were never located on salemgame.com, I reckon it is simply a typo (that noone ever caught). Unfortunately, the captcha service is turned off which means we cannot edit in external links on the wiki.

On-topic, once the external links thing is sorted out, I'd suggest the 'How to UI' thread to be in there.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Kralith » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Qiresea wrote:that would be great. if you like, send me the text and i will add it on the wiki. i was thinking of doing the same thing today, but i cant modify the main page. i think we should have a link there pointing to a "first tips for survival" or something like that. instead i have been modifying the larceny page :p maybe lith can create a link on the main page for this?

I can set the link there, just tell me, where you think it's best placed and the Link itself.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Kralith » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Kandarim wrote:
FYI the forums were never located on salemgame.com, I reckon it is simply a typo (that noone ever caught). Unfortunately, the captcha service is turned off which means we cannot edit in external links on the wiki.

On-topic, once the external links thing is sorted out, I'd suggest the 'How to UI' thread to be in there.

Can you link me the thread?

Also please send some of the incorrect links in wiki. i fixed some in the past, but it seems i forgot some.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Bleuwulf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:15 pm

qiresea,rough draft in your box.

Kandarim and Kralith: is the issue that the original owners have abandoned it,making editing difficult? if so,should we maybe save down offline copies and re-upload to a new wiki where you fine folk will have full access?

(to be fair we're talking almost 5 years ago and I cant recall where the original forums were hosted as i didn't really post back then,just had account to hunt info,point was being the link was busted and useless,lol)
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Qiresea » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:04 pm

@Lat: is the captcha service off because of maintenance problems or is it a matter of account permissions?

lith, could you please create a link on the main page, under the Gameplay menu, and after the Witchcraft link with title "New Player Survival Guide"?
i will then copy-paste the text i got from Bleuwulf, he did a great job so i dont have to change a thing :D
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby AcidSpiral » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:27 pm

http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Cementation_Furnace

"Put Blister Coffin into the furnace. Light the furnace and keep it lit for 7 days. Remove the finished coffin and leave it to cool on the ground for 1-2 days and you will get either 4 Blistersteel Bars or 4 Dross. The positive result most likely occurs if you make sure the fuel is always around full and you don't leave the bars still in heat after the progress bar is full. "

1. Blistersteel positive results do not depend on the fuel being full or not. You have 4 hours after the progress bar is filled to remove them or you will receive dross.
2. Blister Coffins on the ground take ~12 hours to cool instead of 1-2 days.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:33 pm

are you sure it takes only 12 hours? i had to wait for a day or more for sure last time, and that was just a few days ago :?
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Qiresea wrote:lith, could you please create a link on the main page, under the Gameplay menu, and after the Witchcraft link with title "New Player Survival Guide"?

If you are making such a thing, feel free to copy anything from the notes on the bottom of my trade thread's first post, and the 2 threads linked there.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby AcidSpiral » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:37 pm

I took mine out at around 9 PM EST and they were done when my wife got online around 9-10 am this morning.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Qiresea wrote:are you sure it takes only 12 hours? i had to wait for a day or more for sure last time, and that was just a few days ago :?

That is, ONLY during coldsnap, as written in some of the patch notes.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Help!