Thoughts on deforrestation

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Thoughts on deforrestation

Postby jmogler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Im slowly depleting the trees arround my camp and am having to walk further and further to find lumber. So far the walk isnt too bad and made somewhat easier with the sled however, as I project this pattern long into the future, I see it eventually becoming very difficult to aquire the constant amount of lumber I need. Will there eventually be a way to plant trees? Maybe an arborism skill? Are there in plans for the eventual deforrestaion arround pilgrims' camps?
jmogler

Re: Thoughts on deforrestation

Postby Procne » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Yes, there will be a way to plant trees and increase their purity
Procne

Postby Slayblaze » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm going to assume that the trees you plant will grow very very sllllooooowwwwllllyyy (slowly) ...like they will take a long time to be useful for chopping. Probably weeks if not months.

If you're running out of trees to chop, then you're a victim of your own poor site selection. Relocate to a better site close to a forest and a river.
______
Slayblaze

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Expect weeks, like 1 - 2. (3 tops, but I don't think it will be anywhere near that.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby jmogler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Not running out, there are forrests within a decent proximity, but again, if I project my current usage LONG into the future, it only stands to reason the walks are going to become longer and more difficult.
jmogler

Postby ramuller » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:07 pm

I have been using the wood clumps that are scattered around the forest floors and seem to also spawn on the shore lines. Do they respawn or will I run out of them and have to start in on the trees?
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:46 pm

The latter.
Ass_Kraken

Return to Help!