FAQ - Answers to common issues!

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: FAQ - Weird Happenings? Confused? Check Here First

Postby Cnidaria » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:46 pm

My ore smelter is missing. Is it liftable? Did someone take it or destroy it, or does it sometimes just disappear? Nothing else was taken or messed with.
Cnidaria

Postby Reviresco » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Was it above-ground (not in a mine) and not on a claim (personal and/or town claim)? If so, pretty sure it can decay away like most structures.
Reviresco

Postby Cnidaria » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Reviresco wrote:Was it above-ground (not in a mine) and not on a claim (personal and/or town claim)? If so, pretty sure it can decay away like most structures.

it was above-ground, not in a claim, so it must have decayed. Thank you for your reply. I feel better knowing it was my own stupidity, not someone else being a jerk. Do fields also decay if not on a claim? Is there a list somewhere of all things that decay, or just everything you build?
Cnidaria

Postby Reviresco » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Cnidaria wrote:
Reviresco wrote:Was it above-ground (not in a mine) and not on a claim (personal and/or town claim)? If so, pretty sure it can decay away like most structures.

it was above-ground, not in a claim, so it must have decayed. Thank you for your reply. I feel better knowing it was my own stupidity, not someone else being a jerk. Do fields also decay if not on a claim? Is there a list somewhere of all things that decay, or just everything you build?

Fields don't decay, though if they're not on a claim some troll can destroy them easily with salt. claim over them, steal your crops, etc.

Mine entrances never decay, regardless of being on a claim or not. You should really have your mine walled-in inside your claim. People can get into it and log out, and then you have a huge problem.

Other structures that don't decay....hmmm....mine entrances are the only thing that comes to mind, but maybe I'm just forgetting some.

On a somewhat related note, don't leave things like mannequins, piggy banks, beds, etc., outside of a house above-ground, even if they're on a claim. They can still decay. I'm not sure how being in a mine affects, though I know people put beds in mines, so maybe you don't get out-of-house household item decay.
Reviresco

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:30 am

If you can only build it inside a house, then it must be in a house in order to not decay. If you build a house, build indoor only furniture in it, and then destroy the house, you will have to build a new house and put those things back indoors if you want to keep them.

Outdoor items will not decay in a mine, but indoor items will decay in a mine.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Cnidaria » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:50 pm

I notice the hookah is no longer in the church. Was it moved somewhere or just removed?
Cnidaria

Postby lachlaan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:59 pm

When was it in the church? It's usually in the den that you need 200 affluence to enter
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Champie » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:36 pm

lachlaan wrote:When was it in the church? It's usually in the den that you need 200 affluence to enter

the catacombs
Champie

Postby Cnidaria » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Sorry, that's what I meant. It's no longer in the catacombs. I don't yet have the money or skills to make an affluence set to enter the den or make a teddy bear. Any suggestions meanwhile to get rid of some madness? (Was logged on during the start of bloodmoon.) I've been picking flowers, planting things in pots, fishing, but still at 3 madness.
Cnidaria

Postby Bjebr » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:57 pm

Those actions don't decrease your madness ; it prevents you from getting more of it.

Since last sunday event , there's some Hookah outside in town , close to the market / player stalls area.

The other's way to decrease madness , as far as i remember :
- sleep more than 8 hours in a bed with a teddy bear in your hand (normal teddy , not a cursed one)
- smoke some tobacco , the best quality the better.

Bjebr
Bjebr

PreviousNext

Return to Help!