Crop table

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Crop table

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:36 am

Procne wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Looks like I should push the patch back and add in beans so this table is no longer valid :).

Ah, btw, why do potatoes use the same bars as cabbage? Don't you think it's more interesting if each crop uses a unique set of bars? More options this way

Corn and Potatoes are part of the second set of crops. We just haven't added the other two yet. Every one of the eight crops will need a unique 2 bars to reach tier 3.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby mrmay87 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:46 am

Procne wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Looks like I should push the patch back and add in beans so this table is no longer valid :).

Ah, btw, why do potatoes use the same bars as cabbage? Don't you think it's more interesting if each crop uses a unique set of bars? More options this way

I was wondering this same thing

EDIT: if they are all going to have different bars to raise and bar that they raise I assume this means either cabbage or potato are going to change?
mrmay87

Postby RonPaulFTW » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:00 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Procne wrote:

Corn and Potatoes are part of the second set of crops. We just haven't added the other two yet. Every one of the eight crops will need a unique 2 bars to reach tier 3.

JC hinted beans - what might the last unknown crop be? Hops? Tobacco?
RonPaulFTW

Postby Zapt13 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:05 am

According to the chart, then, in order to get T3 corn I need high bars in... let's see. T3 corn area touches all of the T1 crop zones... So I need all bars high for T3 corn? I thought it was only Cabbage and Cotton?

Also, I think you're right about the T2 crop when it accompanies a T3 crop, such as high cereal bar with higher cabbage bar will yield Sea Island cotton as well as Egyptian cotton. But if I have ONLY a high cabbage bar with nothing in the cereal bar, I get Indian cotton. At least according to the Wiki (http://www.salem-wiki.com/mediawiki/ind ... griculture) section on Rotation where Cabbage leads to Indian cotton which leads to T3 corn.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Lusewing » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:45 am

Corn was a pain to fit in due to its requirements. It needs Potato and Cotton, which is the reason the two lead in corn (blue and white) are located where they are to direct your eye to those two. I could have tried to find a way to cut off the other two sections but I think it would have looked too messy.

As for the cotton, thanks for spotting that, I got Egyption and the indian the wrong way round, easy fix thanks to the image being a vector.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Kandarim » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:50 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Procne wrote:

drat, we're getting another bar aren't we? But that would mean a total of 10 possible crops rather than 6. Yay!
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Zapt13 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:12 am

Sorry, not quite my point.

Some fairly recent commentary on the Wiki accuracy (January 2015).
Gernot wrote:About a small error in the farming / agriculture page, my field influences were 100 / 80 / 15 / 0 and I got egyptian cotton. The page entry says influence 1 is indian, 2 is egyptian. Maybe it would be clearer to actually state with each tier 2 product what influence it really requires (in brackets or so).
Also, Corn growth time seems to be 3 days, not 4.

bashnagdul wrote:the wiki is correct. the tier 3 takles the places of the higher of the 2 bars
so in this case the tier 3 takes the place of Bar 1, which is indian cotton, the rest is tier 2 which is then the other bar, bar 2 in this case, and thus egyptian. this is actually described properly eslewhere in the farming article.
as for corn, it may or may not be 3 or 4 days, im not certain, but i thought 3 days was for baby corn, 4 days for proper corn.

edit: now that i read it again for checking, it seems he is correct, it sdayd that the tier 3 takes the lower of the 2 influence bars.
something needs to be tested/checked here :)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8054&p=172407&hilit=lower+influence#p172407

If my influences were (100, 0, 0, 0) I'd expect only Indian Cotton. But if my influences were (100,51,0,0) I'd expect a few Sea Island and mostly Egyptian.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Lusewing » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:22 am

Alas not something I can really cover in my table and Im not very good at typing out a full farming guide. This is simply a quick refrence sheet for myself mostly but I thought others might find it useful to ^.^
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Zapt13 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:25 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Procne wrote:

But "4 choose 2" results in 6, not 8. And according to the chart here, potatoes behave exactly like cabbage, not requiring 2 unique bars at all, but 2 redundant bars. Who can we believe any more? I guess we'll just have to test for ourselves and fact-check Mew at all times!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Kandarim wrote:
drat, we're getting another bar aren't we? But that would mean a total of 10 possible crops rather than 6. Yay!

No... shouldn't need another bar. But I see this is something I have to take a look at before we add more crops, maybe I calculated wrong.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Help!