How to hunt all monsters

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How to hunt all monsters

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Fri May 29, 2015 5:14 am

Nagualcina wrote:Few adds on topic for new players.

Rabbit, cricket and spider sunk if u kill them in shallow water.
Bones also sunk if you finish butchering in shallow water.
There is chance for Rattle snake to spawn under hollow log (if u pick it up).
Giant Bat - spawn when u feed dead bat with Royal Jelly, hes attack are hordes of normal bats that he spawning around him in waves. Cleave, cleave, cleave and cleave again...B) Will try to collect some numbers tommorow.

Argopelters spawn in darkness under 51.
Quetzalcoatl even earlier, i believe they first darkness monster that spawn (together with rats, offcourse) but not 100% sure.
Anyone have some darkness numbers for other animals?

This was more of a how to fight monster, rather than a how to find/butcher monster.
If you feel that small minor details like "insert generic mob item" drops in water if carved on low shore is important enough to know, i guess i can add it. I'm trying to keep it as short as possible so people don't have to search through clutter to find what they want to know, which is the title of this thread. Also i appreciate you wanting to help with giant bat, but "cleave. cleave, cleave, isn't exactly helpful, anyone can repeatedly press down on a button i'm trying to make a decent meaty thread on how to fight monsters with enough detail, but not to much crap that it bores them, if you want to misinform players with your "cleave, cleave, cleave" strategy please make your own thread so a new player doesn't summon a bat and get ko'd because he listened to your bad advice.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby wowofbob » Fri May 29, 2015 10:28 am

Also, Roundhouse Kick works well against rabbits, crickets and snakes
wowofbob

Postby Necrobane » Fri May 29, 2015 10:29 am

unthrown branch spawns at ground near char
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Fri May 29, 2015 10:47 am

Necrobane wrote:unthrown branch spawns at ground near char

really ? :shock: I never knew, and i'll have to start paying attention >.>
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby ShadowTani » Fri May 29, 2015 10:59 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:This was more of a how to fight monster, rather than a how to find/butcher monster.
If you feel that small minor details like "insert generic mob item" drops in water if carved on low shore is important enough to know, i guess i can add it. I'm trying to keep it as short as possible so people don't have to search through clutter to find what they want to know, which is the title of this thread. Also i appreciate you wanting to help with giant bat, but "cleave. cleave, cleave, isn't exactly helpful, anyone can repeatedly press down on a button i'm trying to make a decent meaty thread on how to fight monsters with enough detail, but not to much crap that it bores them, if you want to misinform players with your "cleave, cleave, cleave" strategy please make your own thread so a new player doesn't summon a bat and get ko'd because he listened to your bad advice.

I agree, keep it short and simple. However, the information he provided did highlight a few details that where missing on the wiki's so I wouldn't discourage the suggestions.

Very good job on this though, I might try the club trick on the Deers soon - hopefully I won't get rect too badly on my first attempt! 30-70 biles recommended seems very low though since even 80 YB players seem to have issues. But I guess it's possible because they're using a lot of other fancy moves, ignoring the crude and not-so-obvious clubbing method.
ShadowTani

Postby Rifmaster » Fri May 29, 2015 11:20 am

Kandarim wrote:

Yup, looks like a big black log.
Rifmaster

Postby Dallane » Fri May 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Kandarim wrote:

It's hard to miss when it drops.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nagualcina » Fri May 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Rubberduckbandit wrote:
Nagualcina wrote:Few adds on topic for new players.

Rabbit, cricket and spider sunk if u kill them in shallow water.
Bones also sunk if you finish butchering in shallow water.
There is chance for Rattle snake to spawn under hollow log (if u pick it up).
Giant Bat - spawn when u feed dead bat with Royal Jelly, hes attack are hordes of normal bats that he spawning around him in waves. Cleave, cleave, cleave and cleave again...B) Will try to collect some numbers tommorow.

Argopelters spawn in darkness under 51.
Quetzalcoatl even earlier, i believe they first darkness monster that spawn (together with rats, offcourse) but not 100% sure.
Anyone have some darkness numbers for other animals?

This was more of a how to fight monster, rather than a how to find/butcher monster.

Wasn't my intention to mislead anyone, just few data that i tough are valuable to new players that i didn't previously found on other threads. So far i didn't found better strategy to kill giant bat then to run in and cleave him till it drop, could of word it better. My Apologize.
Nagualcina

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Added Darken bear.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby jakhollin » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Nice read on the Darken bear. Seems like a mean mamajama.
jakhollin

PreviousNext

Return to Help!