How to hunt all monsters

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: How to hunt all monsters

Postby gandalfthyblue » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:52 am

I've been trying to hunt deer, and they seem absurdly difficult for me to kill. My YB is at 40 and blood at 30.

They just run away and then charge me. It's so quick that I have a very short amount of time to react to the charge. I have nothing to lock them down for a good amount of time. I usually start off with a bull run, get some punches in and then start upercutting. My main problem is the deer running away and charging me, it's so difficult to counter.

Any advice? "Staying close" doesn't seem to work well for me.
Ƭℌę ȿęċręȶȿ ȱƒ ℳȃℊįƈ aɍℯ mîŋę ⱥlỏņℯ.
gandalfthyblue

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:03 am

gandalfthyblue wrote:I've been trying to hunt deer, and they seem absurdly difficult for me to kill. My YB is at 40 and blood at 30.

They just run away and then charge me. It's so quick that I have a very short amount of time to react to the charge. I have nothing to lock them down for a good amount of time. I usually start off with a bull run, get some punches in and then start upercutting. My main problem is the deer running away and charging me, it's so difficult to counter.

Clubs seem to "stun" deers longer than punches, try a club.

If all else fails, try fighting it with 10-20 more humors.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Nikixos » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:06 am

gandalfthyblue wrote:I've been trying to hunt deer, and they seem absurdly difficult for me to kill. My YB is at 40 and blood at 30.

get behind a tree stomp thrust
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby gandalfthyblue » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks, I've now been utilizing trees and logs much more. I take almost no damage now.
gandalfthyblue

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:03 pm

I can do a write up on how to be trash like Nix, and how to bug/cheat to kill monsters, but retarded **** like the tree/wall stomp is the reason jc made the darkenbear so ***** annoying because of ******* like nix who have to resort to bugging them.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby gandalfthyblue » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Oh, are you not suppose to be able to stomp behind a tree or something? I'm just merely waiting for the deer to come close to me then I stomp it and start punching.
gandalfthyblue

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:37 pm

gandalfthyblue wrote:Oh, are you not suppose to be able to stomp behind a tree or something? I'm just merely waiting for the deer to come close to me then I stomp it and start punching.

Its allowed but jc doesnt like when you bug his mobs thats why the newer ones walk over water fly etc.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby delirus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:22 pm

can the dark bear perma kill?
delirus
Customer

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Yes.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Zennoya » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Just wanted to add - dunno if someone wrote it already -> while hunting darkenbear dont think about a "turkey" tactics, or luring it into some other creatures -> his roar doesnt argo other creatures, so they arent aggresive toward him.
I am a drama queen. I make drama. When I do, I write in this color.
Zennoya

PreviousNext

Return to Help!