Beavers, snakes and crickets

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Beavers, snakes and crickets

Postby Scubasteve » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Is it possible to kill a beaver, snake or cricket with uppercut and roundhouse?
Scubasteve

Re: Beavers, snakes and crickets

Postby cristerk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Yes.
cristerk

Postby Scubasteve » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:34 pm

What is the minimum blood level that I should get before attempting it?
Scubasteve

Postby painhertz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Less about blood that ybile but I'd have at least 20ish...?
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Procne » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm

I wouldn't recommend attacking snakes with anything else than bullrun. Being hit by a snake is 100% KO if you don't have serum, so better not risk it.

From what I have noticed roundhouse kick deals much less damage than uppercut.

With crickets I think ~8 yellow bile and blood should be more than enough to kill it with uppercut
For beavers 15 yb and blood *might* be enough, but if beaver starts his dance move this 15 might not be enough to run away fast enough
Procne

Postby Lusewing » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm

I think 15 bile and blood should be just enough for a beaver if you are quick on your feet. Remember to always have guard on. The beaver with do a little stop and on the spot movement as he chases after you - if he dose the stop and movement twice in a row (right after another without moving between) then he will launch into his dance (music will play). Quickly switch to run and you should have no problem dodging the beaver but if he gets too close switch back to guard.
The most important thing to remember is to never NEVER attack a beaver next to any other beavers (also make sure where you are moving around, or where you are leading him, there are no beavers) Or if he dose his dance the other beavers will join in to attack you.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Procne wrote:I wouldn't recommend attacking snakes with anything else than bullrun. Being hit by a snake is 100% KO if you don't have serum, so better not risk it.

Just have to know what you're doing. Hint: snakes can't swim. They're only dangerous if they bite you and have very little blood.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Pjotr84 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:10 am

Bullrunning a snake is a good one, hadn't thought of that. I just always shot them from across a river.

Are there any good ways to take down bears? I obviously know you'd need a lot more blood and YB for that, but any pointers when it comes to tactics? I reckon you'd have to be pretty fast or not hunt alone because of the BB drain.
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby Shiroberus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:32 pm

For Beavers and Crickets, After stomping, try waiting for a little. Then stomp again for stun efficiency.

Basically: stomp> wait > stomp. They will be able to move a little but get stunned again.
Rinse and Repeat.
What can you expect
From filthy little heathens?
Their skins are hellish red
They're only good when dead
Shiroberus

Postby Procne » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:38 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Procne wrote:I wouldn't recommend attacking snakes with anything else than bullrun. Being hit by a snake is 100% KO if you don't have serum, so better not risk it.

Just have to know what you're doing. Hint: snakes can't swim. They're only dangerous if they bite you and have very little blood.

Oh, I do agree, but I think we are talking here about hunting snakes, not about running from them :)
New player most likely doesn't have any serum (I haven't found a single etterfang myself after killing like a dozen snakes) so single hit from a snake = KO.

As for the bullrunning - it only works when snake is stationary. If it moves you will only run over it. It's funny when snake is following you, you bullrun, run over it and stop stunned behind it.
Procne

Next

Return to Help!